Sabres have made it a Top Priority to Re-Sign Linus Ullmark per Friedman

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres have made it a Top Priority to Re-Sign Linus Ullmark per Friedman
1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

I’d be surprised if it doesn’t happen 

Truthfully, until the last couple of weeks, was right there with you.  And, if there was a very low value bet about it, would take that same position.  But there's just something that doesn't seem right.

Really hoping you're right.

If this gets done it's because certain tone/parameters were set back in the fall when Linus signed his one-year deal, and both sides are following through like gentlemen on that. I'd never have any doubt about Linus in that equation.

• Like (+1) 5

Demko 5 years 5 mil per. I think that's the comparable. Personally I think Demko is a little better but we need him so over paying to the same level would be okay and would give UPL proper development time. That's what I would offer and if he takes it great, if not trade him and tell his agent we can talk again in free agency. 

Don't do what JBot did with Skinner.

Edited by PerreaultForever
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Norcal said:

4.5×2 and go from there.

If he's leading the team into the playoffs by the end of year two then they can revisit it at that time.

Do you think his family will like his new city?

Because if that is all the Sabres offer, he's moving on.

Expecting that Demko $5x5 is pretty close to what be gets.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Norcal said:

4.5×2 and go from there.

If he's leading the team into the playoffs by the end of year two then they can revisit it at that time.

There is no way he takes that from Buffalo without shopping himself around first.

if Demko got 5/5 the conversation has to start there.

I would give him that. I suspect the Sabres won't have to and he won't play hardball, but his deal will be at minimum $15 million and probably more like $20.

16 goalies have a cap hit of $5 million or more, 25 of them $4 million or more.

Linus will just want a clear sign the team sees him as the man moving forward, so that probably means he takes less salary (under $5) if you give him term (at least four years). But you aren't getting one of those without giving on the other.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Do you think his family will like his new city?

Because if that is all the Sabres offer, he's moving on.

Expecting that Demko $5x5 is pretty close to what be gets.

If I'm the Sabres I want to keep it at two, three years max and under $5 mil. He's emerging but still has some injury concerns and the team isn't there yet. The lessor deal gives the team some flexibility while they deal with bigger cap hits that need attention. 

If another team wants to overpay him with something like 5×5 or 6×6 they have to consider matching the 5×5 but they may regret that long term if the team doesn't improve. 

6×6 and he's gone

Now. If he signs at 4.5×2 and they are a playoff team because of him after year two then you go 6×6 and chase the cup. 

25 minutes ago, dudacek said:

There is no way he takes that from Buffalo without shopping himself around first.

if Demko got 5/5 the conversation has to start there.

I would give him that. I suspect the Sabres won't have to and he won't play hardball, but his deal will be at minimum $15 million and probably more like $20.

16 goalies have a cap hit of $5 million or more, 25 of them $4 million or more.

Linus will just want a clear sign the team sees him as the man moving forward, so that probably means he takes less salary (under $5) if you give him term (at least four years). But you aren't getting one of those without giving on the other.

13 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He's a key piece of the core, sign him.

What's his TRpm?  😉

I'm for signing Linus to anything $5 million and under per.  More than that, and I'm wondering what Merzlikins would cost from a rebuilding Blue Jackets team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.