Don Granato as a HC

JoeSchmoe

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Given that Bylsma hasn't worked his way back to a HC job I'm not gonna say he was a good coach, but he was definitely the least worst. 

I honestly didn’t realize he was on the bench as an assistant in Detroit. Probably not going to catch many fish coaching that squad.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I honestly didn’t realize he was on the bench as an assistant in Detroit. Probably not going to catch many fish coaching that squad.

Talk about a team I wouldn't want to be a fan of. I'll take the Sabres over whatever has been going on there since Osgood retired. 

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Talk about a team I wouldn't want to be a fan of. I'll take the Sabres over whatever has been going on there since Osgood retired. 

I keep assuming they’ll miraculously bounce back but it turns out none of the kids are reaching their potential.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

The guy that squeezed 78 points out of a tank squad sans Jack Eichel for 3 months?  

Sign me up

That team has far, far, far, far, far better skaters than the tank teams.  It is not close.

One of the many problems with XHCDDB for this team is that he's terrible for young players.  He is justifiably notorious for mishandling youth like Zemgus and Larry.  His system may not emasculate talent like XHCRK's did, but it is not too far from it.

18 hours ago, Brawndo said:

That was a good article and a good read. If they keep Granato I’m good with it. What he’s done with a team that played with a cap hit of what, 40 million since he took over against teams up against the cap record aside. The young guys have grown. They’ve taken an important step that I’m not sure they would have taken otherwise. If they hire the flavour of the day in an established coach I’m good with that too. I’m not sure I’ll be happy with how things proceed cause there’s no guarantees either way. Style of play, player usage, etc . It could just as easily go bad for the hired gun as it could for Don. If anything following this team has taught me is its all out of my control anyways and to have any expectations that next year will be better is fools gold. This is the Sabres we’re talking about.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I've never seen so many 2nd round picks wasted .

Best one was brendan lemieux  Purposely had the worst interview  So we wouldn't draft him . (  And we know how that worked out ) 

He definitely was bad at asset management.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Fired too soon ? He couldn't draft and gave away draft picks like candy 

This is lazy. From 2014 to 2017 he drafted: Samson Reinhart, Brendan Lemieux, Jonas Johansson, Victor Olofsson, Jack Eichel, William Borgen, Alex Nylander, Rasmus Asplund, Brett Murray, Casey Mittelstadt, Ukko Pekka-Lukkonen and Jacob Bryson. All of them are still in the NHL. With the Ducks he also had heavy influence in good drafts.

Just now, Hoss said:

This is lazy. From 2014 to 2017 he drafted: Samson Reinhart, Brendan Lemieux, Jonas Johansson, Victor Olofsson, Jack Eichel, William Borgen, Alex Nylander, Rasmus Asplund, Brett Murray, Casey Mittelstadt, Ukko Pekka-Lukkonen and Jacob Bryson. All of them are still in the NHL. With the Ducks he also had heavy influence in good drafts.

First of all he wasn't here for the 2017 draft . 

And he wasted  Countless 2nd round picks lol

You want to give an award to a guy that traded 2 second round picks for Hudson Fasching

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

First of all he wasn't here for the 2017 draft . 

And he wasted  Countless 2nd round picks lol

You want to give an award to a guy that traded 2 second round picks for Hudson Fasching

Totally blacked out out on his firing but correct. Nine NHL players in three years. THAT’S good drafting. Put some respect on his name.

The Fasching deal was bad. They traded Robyn Regehr for two seconds then trade them for Fasching and Nic Deslauriers. Fasching failed and was traded for two NHL failures. Deslauriers was traded for Redmond who did nothing in the NHL but Nic D still has an NHL career right now.

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Btw  fredrik andersson gets full credit for drafting victor olofsson not murray.

Totally. Definitely discredit the GM for your own confirmation bias. No problem there.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Totally blacked out out on his firing but correct. Nine NHL players in three years. THAT’S good drafting. Put some respect on his name.

The Fasching deal was bad. They traded Robyn Regehr for two seconds then trade them for Fasching and Nic Deslauriers. Fasching failed and was traded for two NHL failures. Deslauriers was traded for Redmond who did nothing in the NHL but Nic D still has an NHL career right now.

Im truly happy he drafted 4th liners and AHL players . 

And a total of 4 nhl players for us 

Job well done 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.