Don Granato as a HC

Right now I'm in favor of Granato. The other names out there...Gallant, Boudreau.....they just don't excite me all that much. Does Granato 'excite' me?  Not really, but it has been fun seeing someone actually make an improvement in not only the team compared to the previous coach, but the performance of some individual players.

• Like (+1) 3
6 hours ago, Thorny said:

Implication of a "good" trade would be one the team benefits from, right? Any trade of Eichel that looks like it will make the team better, absolutely.

Trading Eichel if we get a good offer makes sense, deciding in advance to trade Eichel, for the best offer, to me does not. 

And if the Sabres decide to trade Eichel in advance and end up making a good trade, you'd be opposed?

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And if the Sabres decide to trade Eichel in advance and end up making a good trade, you'd be opposed?

Did you see his last comment. Trade for the best offer? We did that remember? The ROR trade! No thanks.

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yes, if you stand pat. The young guys can be molded by anyone I think but if this remains Eichel's team it all depends on what he wants. 

I agree with this much less than I would have a few months ago. I'm really encouraged by what the kids have done the last few weeks. I'm not sure if Granato is the answer at coach, but lm not opposed to finding out. If Jack isn't on board with the direction the team is going I say quietly move him in the off season, I'm okay seeing how the team develops with a center spine of Sam/Mitts/Cousins/Beniers. Add in whatever pieces we get for Jack and it might be okay.