Sabres Trade Brandon Montour to Florida for 3rd Round Pick

Brawndo

47 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This isn't a good day. Montour wasn't the problem. We're not better. No problem has been solved. Not yet. Still waiting.

I was starting to imagine a team where Montour stayed and played well, Borgen returned and Risto got traded for some young skilled winger for Jack.

Then I realized marinuana is a hell of a drug. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Guess it is what it is, & realize this is not the majority opinion, but not thrilled that they let him go.  (Yes, totally get that he's an analytics black hole.,

Wasn't thrilled at letting Scandella go for cheap rather than re-signing him, & this is in that same vein.  At least there is very little chance that the 3rd will turn into another Frolik acquisition.  But, in a best case that pick helps in 4 years if it isn't part of another package.

• Like (+1) 3

Trading a 1 and a prospect for Montour, then dumping him for a 3rd round pick two years later is a sad state of affairs.  

Getting a 3 is just slightly better than nothing.  Understand the circumstances but still not impressed Kevyn.  

Another example of why we need a real GM and we have to give him time to build something.  Ten years ago we had 5 GMs in our 40 year history.  He have had 3 more GMs in the next 10 years that followed.   Terrible recent track record.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Don’t know who needs to hear this, ok I do, but 3 years of any player is worth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 20 games of any player.  It’s common sense that everyone is ignoring. 

I said the same thing earlier, and I was corrected that it was two years, as he was acquired at trade deadline 2019.  Point stands though.  Two seasons vs 20 games.

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Don’t know who needs to hear this, ok I do, but 3 years of any player is worth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 20 games of any player.  It’s common sense that everyone is ignoring. 

Something, something, narrative, something.

Did I do that right?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Guess it is what it is, & realize this is not the majority opinion, but not thrilled that they let him go.  (Yes, totally get that he's an analytics black hole.,

Wasn't thrilled at letting Scandella go for cheap rather than re-signing him, & this is in that same vein.  At least there is very little chance that the 3rd will turn into another Frolik acquisition.  But, in a best case that pick helps in 4 years if it isn't part of another package.

Sometimes, you have to get what you can get i guess. This only validates just how bad this team, nah, this franchise, has been managed. At least, in my view, for what its worth.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

You do know we wasted a 1st on this guy right? LOL.

See below

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Third round picks are nearly worthless.  NEARLY.

If nothing else they are the kinds of picks that get packaged with a player deal to "even" it out.

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

100% this.

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Room for Irwin to play more now! Lol.

Why did Irwin play forward instead of Montour? Montour is fast as hell. Irwin is Slow Poke Rodriguez 

Better Q is why has Hall been on the shelf 3 games but Montour (who actually got dealt) played them all?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

GM Sheevyn cackles: "Order Thirty-Three executed. Almost Halfway there."

Sabres fans are living on a prayer?

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

I was starting to imagine a team where Montour stayed and played well, Borgen returned and Risto got traded for some young skilled winger for Jack.

Then I realized marinuana is a hell of a drug. 

You will be able to purchase it soon in NYS.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Something, something, narrative, something.

Did I do that right?

Yes.  Nice job.

I was really excited when we traded for him, I remember what I was cooking for dinner when I heard the news (it was not a good meal lol)

I often wondered how I could have been so excited in the years since. His play in the last few weeks reminded me. It's a shame we are a club that does this to players. 

I understand dumping him for a 3rd given our plethora of RHD, it isn't quite the same thing to me as moving Scandella last year, I'm okay with it because I know he wasn't ever staying here. But it really is a shame that we are the organization that buys high, turns players into a shadow of themselves, and then sells low

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I was really excited when we traded for him, I remember what I was cooking for dinner when I heard the news (it was not a good meal lol)

I often wondered how I could have been so excited in the years since. His play in the last few weeks reminded me. It's a shame we are a club that does this to players. 

I understand dumping him for a 3rd given our plethora of RHD, it isn't quite the same thing to me as moving Scandella last year, I'm okay with it because I know he wasn't ever staying here. But it really is a shame that we are the organization that buys high, turns players into a shadow of themselves, and then sells low

How truly depressing.  (And accurate.)

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.