Practice Notes 4/10

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I could maybe see Miller  moved as a depth D man on a team looking to make a deep playoff run.

You can't pile up enough D-men heading into the playoffs, especially if you think your'e going to go deep.

You do need a lot of D if you are going to go deep.  That's true.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Miller should be bottom pair and on PP2 on a good team, maybe PP1 as a stretch. We asked him to do more than that.

On that PP you want to feed him pucks to get that bomb of a shot off. That isn't how our PP has functioned. It flows through 3 or 4 other guys and they don't usually have 2 point players anyway.

Miller to me is a poster child for why good analytics don’t always mean good player.

Used in the Jason Woolley role on a good Vegas team he had fantastic fancy stats. Here, different story.

Seems to me Montour had great fancystats too prior to his last year in Anaheim.

50 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Miller to me is a poster child for why good analytics don’t always mean good player.

Used in the Jason Woolley role on a good Vegas team he had fantastic fancy stats. Here, different story.

As a big fan of woolley I feel like I should be angry by the comparison.... but I am not sure.

51 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We here on Sabrespace clamored for Montour for 2 seasons.  Then we got him.  I think you’re probably correct.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Most definitely. I'm a strong believer in analytics as a tool and in using them to try to hit on good players. It doesn't mean they are always correct though and they need context applied to be used effectively. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.