Artuu Ruotsalainen to make His NHL Debut Tonight

Brawndo

43 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I wanna see the odds on whether or not Ray just punts and refers to him strictly as Artuu.

Imagine a bizarro world where the Sabres acquired Pelech and Pulock from the Isles in addition to having Risto and Ruotso?  They both may just jump from the press box.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Imagine a bizarro world where the Sabres acquired Pelech and Pulock from the Isles in addition to having Risto and Rusto?  They both may just jump from the press box.

And if Weissbach gets an end of season look with the big squad (before heading back to Rochester for presumably the AHL playoffs), we'd have Linus + Linus.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dhuenniger said:

There are no AHL playoffs scheduled this year!!!!!!

No, not yet. But the AHL hasn't released any statement that there absolutely will not be any playoff. I can see them not awarding the Calder and there'd be questions about what to do with the Canadian division. However, vaccines are now starting to distribute more widely across all ages, and AHL teams have multi-day breaks between games to administer shots and recover. By end of May we could see the possibility of a cross-division tourney of some sort.

I thought R2 played well for his debut and If Okposo had his stick down he might have a tap in assist on his first shift.

His centering pass went right through the paint. I don't think Okposo was expecting the creativity. 

He made some other plays throughout the night also where he showed an active stick and ability to win puck battles. 

He's at the very least a useful 4th line guy  next season. 

21 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

Well with Montour gone we are going to go with 6 d so that will free up one spot. 

Skinner Reinhart VO

Asplund Mittelstadt Tage

R2     Cozens  Okposo

Rieder Eakin Sheahan

Bjork Caggiula

Two guys gotta come out. You would think one should be Eakin and they let Sheahan play centre. But I don't know.

And the way they talked up Bjork makes me think they want him to be on the 3rd line.

41 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Skinner Reinhart VO

Asplund Mittelstadt Tage

R2     Cozens  Okposo

Rieder Eakin Sheahan

Bjork Caggiula

Two guys gotta come out. You would think one should be Eakin and they let Sheahan play centre. But I don't know.

And the way they talked up Bjork makes me think they want him to be on the 3rd line.

Reider, Sheehan, Okposo & Eakin have no long term future with the team. Rotate two of them out each game and see what Caggiula and Bjork have to offer with a 20 game tryout. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.