Sabres claim Drake Caggiula off waivers

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Because Don and Drake are part of the Sabres plans going forward?

No, I think His a Cheap Depth Forward that plays out the season. 

3 minutes ago, JimS said:

This is a good pick up, think Colin Blackwell with a little more grit. I like it.

Except Blackwell scores goals 

How tight are they to the cap?  Might having to keep Hutton on the active roster to meet the 3 available goalies requirement plus 1/2 of Staal, Hall, & ??? (Montour) might push them close to a limit without a minimum $ guy on the roster?  If that's not the reason for grabbing him, this is mildly quizzical.  (Having a history with Granato doesn't really explain why they want him over any of the other tweeners they've already got.)

2 minutes ago, JimS said:

Arttu in for Fogarty, Caggiula in quarantine. By the end of his week there, there will spots open probably.

Gotta quarantine from Ari to NYS? How long?

Also, beyond Hall, it's entirely possible that Sheahan and Rieder could be sent packing.

They are both useful 4th liners on minimum contracts. Contenders frequently add those types for late-round picks for the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Gotta quarantine from Ari to NYS? How long?

Also, beyond Hall, it's entirely possible that Sheahan and Rieder could be sent packing.

They are both useful 4th liners on minimum contracts. Contenders frequently add those types for late-round picks for the playoffs.

Granato said he is flying commercial so I am guessing 7 days but I really don't know.

I was disappointed when we didn't sign him to an ELC coming out of that dev camp, especially since he immediately went to Edmonton and started skating with McDavid. He's got a good motor, he seems perfectly capable of a bottom six role at a rock bottom price. And as many above has stated, it portends of moving one of the veterans on an expiring contract off the roster in the very near future.

Sheevyn says: "Execute Order... Thirty-two!"

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Well, I know two things about him; the guy plays with grit and speed and is literally fearless.

I know, dude has not teeth up top and does wear implants.  Tough as nails.  I don't really care if he scores even 1 goal.  He is bound to light some fires on the other guys *****.

Don't know much about his style of play, and based on past years, he seems like a 30-35 point player(over an 82 game season) who is on an expiring contract.  Give him 20 games, and if he is an improvement over some of the garbage we currently have in the bottom six, re-sign him to a deal for next year.

Edited by LabattBlue

I don't think its a bad move. Its for the rest of the year, hopefully he fills a spot from someone currently on the team who is traded.

Hes having a bad year this year in just 27 games played, but the year before he scored 9 goals in 40 games (almost a 20 goal pace over 82), the year before that he scored 12 goals in 54 games (18 goal pace).  Almost all of those goals even strength...which would make him one of the top 5 forwards on this team in terms of even strength production.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.