GDT: Washington at Buffalo Apr. 9, 2021 • 7:00PM ET MSG, WGR

PromoTheRobot

Just now, Thorny said:

Dahlin to set up a one-timer goal here

Pretty sure he and Jack are the only cogs on this PP that matter, and it really needs both of them, not just 1. He won't even get a shot to try this because of the sorry state of the unit sans Jack

That probably wasn't offside, refs just don't like if you're janky about the entry

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Pretty sure he and Jack are the only cogs on this PP that matter, and it really needs both of them, not just 1. He won't even get a shot to try this because of the sorry state of the unit sans Jack

That probably wasn't offside, refs just don't like if you're janky about the entry

it's brutal ya 

These guys are better at playing in the o-zone at ES for some reason right now lol

One thing that may not hold up to scrutiny - it seems like Dahlin/Joki are getting most of their time on the ice with Reinhart/Mitts lines. This is cool, it actually gets all our offensive guys together. For years Jack would be on the ice with Risto and McCabe, or Risto and Gorges, or whatever our shutdown pair was. It never made sense. Jack's defense was so bad that the "shutdown pair", which was never great at that, couldn't overcome it, and their offense wasn't particularly helpful. At least when your Dahlins play with your offensive players, things can happen more often 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Linesmen have been goofy tonight. The Skinner high sticking, he was so far offside and they let it go. They really didn't want to blow that one just now dead, even though it was measured in feet. And they missed a bad one on the caps too earlier, nothing happened after it though. I definitely prefer them to do it this way and assume onsides, but these ones are some of the worst you'll see

Skinner was actually onside. I checked. You know me.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If our 3rd line next year is Asplund-Mitts-Tage, I think they'll tear it up.

From 2017-2020 I hated roster projections that would slot all 3 of those players in, they were all so young and hadn't shown anything, and I always thought that doing something like that just gives you a tank line that can't handle anything and destroys the psyche of its members. I would always try to put together hypothetical offseason moves that would keep the best single player of several, and surround them with NHL vets and stuff. plus, in those years, I was on a desperate "we need to win right this second and start building from there" kick, and didn't think unproven kids fit that mold. 

But if they can keep looking like this against teams like WSH and not just the Devils/Rags, that's my 3rd line next year too. 

The good vets would of course remain high priority. But we wouldn't need 3 more to push those guys to Rochester.

Asplund really exploded. His previous stints all looked from invisible to miserable until this one, and he's everywhere with an absolutely killer forecheck now, and he has some hands too.

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.