GDT: Washington at Buffalo Apr. 9, 2021 • 7:00PM ET MSG, WGR

PromoTheRobot

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why is this such a surprise?  This is an uber talented kid who got rushed to the NHL then got destroyed by an incompetent coach. Instead of hanging his head, he went to Rochester, worked hard, got real mentoring and coaching by Chris Taylor, who also fixed Tage Thompson, and by the end of his 39 games he was well on his way to being the two way force we are now watching emerge in the NHL.  The quotes from Taylor said this transformation had begun and that he was ready.

About the Rochester part...we are seeing time and time again that players GET better when they spend time in Rochester. Unless you are Eichel or Dahlin, pretty much EVERYONE should spend some time there.  Too many people here see where a player is drafted...then see that player have a good rookie scrimmage or play well in juniors and automatically want them with the Sabres. Most of the time that is not how you get a player to be their best long term.  

• Like (+1) 1

Had to chuckle at the Washington goalie turning to look at Mittelstadt as he skated into the corner after his goal. "Damn, who was that?"

Me? I'm not leering at Casey like dat until he's doing it this October in games that mean something.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. I've been here wayyyyyy too many times.

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He certainly got caved, but was it immaturity or terrible coaching.  Calling him lazy is complete BS and you know it.  No one gets to this level by being lazy.  Immature possibly but not lazy.  After watching what RK did to Montour, Jokiharju, Dahlin, Skinner, Hall, Staal, Sheary, Vesey, Miller, Thompson and eventually Jack, are you really going to lay Mitts’ loss of confidence last year on Mitts being lazy?  

It was immaturity. Mitts himself literally said it was. 

Immaturity lead to the laziness. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, steveoath said:

Him and Tage seemed willing to go netfront last night (albeit I only saw highlights so may be wrong).

You are not wrong, but you need to add Asplund in there too. It's so refreshing to see,

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

About the Rochester part...we are seeing time and time again that players GET better when they spend time in Rochester. Unless you are Eichel or Dahlin, pretty much EVERYONE should spend some time there.  Too many people here see where a player is drafted...then see that player have a good rookie scrimmage or play well in juniors and automatically want them with the Sabres. Most of the time that is not how you get a player to be their best long term.  

It has been years since we've seen players develop the 'normal' way around here. Ullmark tends to get overlooked in this area for some reason, so like Stafford/Ennis/Foligno maybe?

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Had to chuckle at the Washington goalie turning to look at Mittelstadt as he skated into the corner after his goal. "Damn, who was that?"

Me? I'm not leering at Casey like dat until he's doing it this October in games that mean something.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. I've been here wayyyyyy too many times.

Enjoy the moment, my friend. They are too few and far between,

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You are not wrong, but you need to add Asplund in there too. It's so refreshing to see,

It has been years since we've seen players develop the 'normal' way around here. Ullmark tends to get overlooked in this area for some reason, so like Stafford/Ennis/Foligno maybe?

Enjoy the moment, my friend. They are too few and far between,

"See you in September, one block in THAT direction!"

Went to the game last night.  Really weird only having 400-500 fans in the building.

But the piped in crowd noise is INCREDIBLY annoying.  It's at a playoff decibel level & just noise.  (Except for the random "ooooooh" after a shot a handful of times per period.)  The piped in noise REALLY needs to go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.