OT:Toronto Blue Jays to Play Games at Sahlen’s Field this Summer

Brawndo

So there will be section(s) of the stadium for unvaccinated fans where they will be socially distanced?

Here’s an idea...if you are unvaccinated, you don’t get in!   This way you can put more fans in the stands. 

What has happened to the concept of common sense in this country? 😞

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So there will be section(s) of the stadium for unvaccinated fans where they will be socially distanced?

Here’s an idea...if you are unvaccinated, you don’t get in!   This way you can put more fans in the stands. 

What has happened to the concept of common sense in this country? 😞

I think the unvaccinated sections should be full capacity, shoulder to shoulder. Let’s give Darwin a little push.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And Sahlens proved to be a real hitter friendly park last year.

Which shocked me, because it is not a hitter-friendly park for players that supposedly are just on the cusp of making the majors.  But there it was, last year, hitter-friendly.  I took from it that there is a larger difference between AAA and MLB batters than there is between AAA and MLB pitchers.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Which shocked me, because it is not a hitter-friendly park for players that supposedly are just on the cusp of making the majors.  But there it was, last year, hitter-friendly.  I took from it that there is a larger difference between AAA and MLB batters than there is between AAA and MLB pitchers.

Everywhere was more hitter friendly last year thanks to the baseballs. That would have been the first time MLB balls were used in the stadium. Will be interesting to see how the ball flies this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Everywhere was more hitter friendly last year thanks to the baseballs. That would have been the first time MLB balls were used in the stadium. Will be interesting to see how the ball flies this season. 

Oooh good point.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:33 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Here's my question. Will the Jays create some Buffalo-themed merch to sell? They didn't last year. They'd be fools not to do it now. I'm seeing some bootleg stuff popping up in Etsy. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/VictoryShirtsStore

I’m not sure they are able to with licensing. I’m also not sure Toronto fans would appreciate it. I don’t remember the Bills selling Toronto merch outside of commemorative shirts. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Still no word on ticket prices?

'I know nothing of prices, but I do know that after Bisons season ticket holders get their shot tomorrow, Sabres 200-level season ticket holders get an opportunity on Wednesday.  I don't know about Bills season ticket holders and I'm not sure how or why the Sabres are involved in this at all.  Then the rest of us can pick over the remains on Thursday.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

'I know nothing of prices, but I do know that after Bisons season ticket holders get their shot tomorrow, Sabres 200-level season ticket holders get an opportunity on Wednesday.  I don't know about Bills season ticket holders and I'm not sure how or why the Sabres are involved in this at all.  Then the rest of us can pick over the remains on Thursday.

What I'm wondering is how many vaccinated sections will they have? Those can be full. If they made it vaxx-only they could sell the entire stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I agree...what do Bills or Sabres ticket holders have to do with the Bisons/Blue Jays?  I have a feeling I’m going to be disappointed. 😞

On 5/11/2021 at 3:11 PM, I-90 W said:

Are most people in Buffalo Jays fans or Yankees fans? Always wondered that.

For me, neither. Hate the Yankees; have been a Red Sox fan for years. (Went into hiding after the Bill Buckner incident - came out again when the Sox won their first World Series in decades). Made the pilgrimage to Fenway for a game several years ago against...the Blue Jays. Waiting to see if the Red Sox will be coming to Buffalo for a game.🤞

9 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I agree...what do Bills or Sabres ticket holders have to do with the Bisons/Blue Jays?  I have a feeling I’m going to be disappointed. 😞

I would imagine they are trying to get people in Buffalo the ability to go to a game. I don’t know why they wouldn’t simply restrict purchasing by zip code but who knows. Baseball fans travel, I’m imagining there will be a lot of out-of-towners at these games otherwise. 

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Blue Jays are 22-17 and have the 7th best record in all of baseball. They are in the final wildcard position in the AL. 0.5 games up on the t-bay Rays. It's so hard to make the playoffs, in baseball

Psh it’s a cake walk now with that stupid play-in game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.