GDT: New Jersey at Buffalo Apr. 8, 2021 • 7:00PM ET MSG, WGR

Doohickie

Just now, Billznut said:

Thank you. All the love he gets is mystifying. We won a couple games and everyone jumps on board. If Granato was such a great head coaching prospect he would have been a head coach in the NHL well before 2021. 

Yea, I said something like this last week in a different thread. I would be careful using all encompassing broad sweeping generalities like “everyone”.  There are a good portion of posters who aren’t convinced he’s the answer going forward ... at all!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yea, I said something like this last week in a different thread. I would be careful using all encompassing broad sweeping generalities like “everyone”.  There are a good portion of posters who aren’t convinced he’s the answer going forward ... at all!

He’s definitely not the answer. But certainly the one I could see the Pegula’s love to choose going forward. Hopefully cooler heads prevail. We won games vs the Devils, Rangers and a struggling Flyers team. If we were routinely beating Wash, Bos and Pitt under Granato I could get more into this line of thinking. I expect the L’s to continue piling up as we play the better clubs and we trade away our “talent” in the near future. Have to get a winning experienced coach in here for 2021-22. 

***** referee #49 Reid Anderson for causing the turnover on the reverse that led to NJ's 5th goal when it was 4-3 with 1:43 to go.

He'd been reffing from the far side all period before making no effort to get out of the way of that reverse, which caused the turnover and immediately setup NJ for the quick goal.

Referees are trained to get out of the way of the puck on plays like that and, when he kicked Sheahan's reverse pass straight to the NJ forward, he told Sheahan, which you can hear on the ice-level mics, "I'm *****in' standin' right here, where do you want me to go?"

Effectively bad puck luck for the Sabres, but ***** him anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

Sammy R on the ice for both goals against in the 3rd period.......

9 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

He was pretty invisible tonight

Not sure if people care about stats like this but I was watching through some Reinhart at C stuff, he hasn’t passed the puck for an assist since March 22, and hasn’t since he’s been playing C

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, inkman said:

He’s worse than that.  He’s useful to the other team.  

Him and risto - i watch a game like this one and wonder why anyone would ever trade anything for these guys.  Miller is incapable of making a quick play in the offensive zone, and he's incapable of passing - its either up the wall or shot into shin pads.  Risto just seems back to his old ways of freelancing and thinking too much.  Their exit passes (if they can even attempt them) are brutal, and half the time they panic and throw it back into their own zone.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/8/2021 at 3:08 PM, LTS said:

I mean, it's reality.  You don't want to accept it?

I get frustration but how do people refuse to accept the salary cap explanation?

R2 is with the team and practicing at least.  This will improve his insertion into the lineup once they make the required changes to their salary cap structure by making trades.

Hell, why does it even matter if he plays tonight or in two games?  The season is lost and he'll have plenty of opportunity to prove his fit, even if its two games from now.

I see what you're saying.  

If we didn't have so many high dollar/low result players we'd be in better shape.  

Why is McCabe not on LTIR?

6 hours ago, BuffalOhio said:

Why is McCabe not on LTIR?

Somebody better versed than me will have to explain the particulars, but the short story is we don't have to use it we will be in better shape cap-wise with things like bonus payments in the future.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.