GDT: New Jersey at Buffalo Apr. 8, 2021 • 7:00PM ET MSG, WGR

Doohickie

I actually think that was a pretty equal game by two teams that are both far from being good. We beat them now they beat us.

This stuff is more fun to watch than earlier but we still have most of the same problems and make the same mistakes.

One thing to think about though regarding Ralph and his system. Everybody's noticing how Dahlin looks better now but are they also noticing how Risto is back to being awful?

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

5.  MOST GLARINGLY, what was Thompson doing on Reinhart's line?  Mittlestadt-Thompson-Asplund did so well the other night.  Why in the world mess with that?

IHCDG put the lines through the Salad Shooter™ tonight.  He should have put Montour on the wing and rolled four lines.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

IHCDG put the lines through the Salad Shooter™ tonight.  He should have put Montour on the wing and rolled four lines.

Granato either had no strategy or poor strategy.  It was a mess and it's on him.  He was outcoached by Lindy Ruff (not a surprise) with an AHL team (there's the surprise).  He should be embarrassed.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

They wasted cap money by mishandling McCabe's IR status and not moving Okposo, Eakin, and others to the taxi squad on off days. R2 isn't playing because of this nonsense. This means Irwin gets 4 minutes a night

Edited by Stads
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

As stated early in the thread, an 11-7 configuration blows....line combo's and D-pairs were messed up.  Management and coaching need to stop doing this.

I understand why we have 7 Dmen playing.  But Granato should just pick one Dman and play him on the wing all night so the lines don't get messed up.

• Like (+1) 1

Samson played a very passive game tonight. Instead of driving to net when he had chance he made drop pass. 1 Shot on net in 3rd P (not counting the other with goalie pulled) is beyond unacceptable. HCDG better rip these guys a new one. It's a tall order to expect a win against the Caps tomorrow night, but I want to see our boys come out of the gate blazing with some piss & vinegar in their game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I understand why we have 7 Dmen playing.  But Granato should just pick one Dman and play him on the wing all night so the lines don't get messed up.

I don’t get the strategy of not having 4 full offensive lines. 

Probably was the difference tonight. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I don’t get the strategy of not having 4 full offensive lines. 

Probably was the difference tonight. 

Especially stupid when you have another game in less than 24 hours. Why have the forwards take turns double shifting all night? Makes no sense.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Especially stupid when you have another game in less than 24 hours. Why have the forwards take turns double shifting all night? Makes no sense.

Idk man. I always thought it was easier to rotate 5 D around if one went down, than spending a game shuffling around 11 forwards all game. 

Irwin as 7th D had 4 minutes of ice time. I’d have to assume someone like R2 would’ve had more minutes. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

42 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I question more why are they playing Ullmark tonight with the Caps tomorrow?

Unless they don't have faith in him beating the Caps either and figure they might as well give him the easier game, or they figure they will just let Ullmark play out the rest of the year because of how much time hes missed

49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Alright, now we can all take a deep breath and get off the Granato for coach for a minute. 

We're a severally flawed team. We need an experienced coach and roster changes to try and right this ship. 

Thank you. All the love he gets is mystifying. We won a couple games and everyone jumps on board. If Granato was such a great head coaching prospect he would have been a head coach in the NHL well before 2021. He is what he is. This franchise desperately needs a real head coach here. It’s been missing since Lindy was fired. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.