Sabres looking into team getting vaccinated

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

So you both live in a different state but are saying NYS is the problem... okay. 

I signed up fairly easily and quickly. I checked once and there was nothing, checked an hour later and was all set. 

Surprised your are having trouble honestly. 

Just checking but I can find appointments all over the state currently. 

I did the same thing for My Wife. Her First Appointment was in Corning, but in less than 18 hours I was able to find Her an appointment at a CVS in Rochester, then the Kenan Center in Lockport all at the same time. She cancelled the Corning and Rochester Appointments.

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

SC opened to all 3/31 and nobody that I know that wants one is having any issues getting an appointment the same or next day. Most people I know are getting their vaccines. The government of NYS is, and will always be, a problem for everything. I’ve lived happily under the government in red states and blue states, but never NYS. 

3 hours ago, Der Jaeger said:

Agree.  I also live in SC, but have lived in both red states and blue states.  NYS is the problem.  If the Sabres were in SC, or even NC, they could have the whole organization vaccinated by now.

Reasons why NY might have vaccine issues compared to other states. I dislike both your posts because they deal in misinformation formed after 1 poster here had trouble which was quickly fixed. 

New York has one of the lowest rates of vaccine hesitancy in the country. About 85% of adults in the state either plan to be vaccinated or already have, according to a recent US Census Bureau survey. The state is also vaccinating at a pace that's one of the fastest in the country, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

In the past week, New York has added nearly 146,000 people to the fully vaccinated group each day. At that pace -- nearly 950 people fully vaccinated per 100,000 residents each day -- and with nearly 4 million adults in the state already fully vaccinated, 85% of adults in New York could be fully vaccinated in about two months. https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/health/vaccine-timeline-states-analysis/index.html 

For the record Vermont and Mass. are vaccinating at the highest rate currently but Mass won't be done until July and Vermont is June. NY could be done by June. 

Edited by LGR4GM

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

The Sabres won't be treated differently than any other US population group by being vaccinated now.  I have no problems with this.  I wonder how the Canadian teams are doing.

That’s an interesting question.  There are parts of Toronto where they are vaccinating 16 +.   I’ll assume if the player lives in that postal code he can get vaccinated.  However, I would have thought an NHL team would get all vaccinated at once. 

Now the Canucks are knee deep in it , like the Sabres were at one time.  Think they are dealing with the variant as well. Sounds like a few of their players are extremely sick.  However, I don’t think that’s been confirmed. ... just rumours 

45 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Reasons why NY might have vaccine issues compared to other states. I dislike both your posts because they deal in misinformation formed after 1 poster here had trouble which was quickly fixed. 

For the record Vermont and Mass. are vaccinating at the highest rate currently but Mass won't be done until July and Vermont is June. NY could be done by June. 

I appreciate you going through and finds folks appointments closer and sooner, the more people advocating like you for quick and easy vaccines the better. I also agree that it seems like the rollout has gotten better, I have heard the same. I will also acknowledge that being in a place like SC is unique in that the amount of people who want vaccines of all ages is significantly less than a place like NY, which would obviously speed up the process of getting it to all ages. I still think NY could have done better throughout the Covid process. Everything has just been so simple and straightforward here since the beginning. I have not heard the same being said of back home. 

Regardless, good on you for helping people out. It is appreciate by me and I’m sure those you have helped as well. 

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I appreciate you going through and finds folks appointments closer and sooner, the more people advocating like you for quick and easy vaccines the better. I also agree that it seems like the rollout has gotten better, I have heard the same. I will also acknowledge that being in a place like SC is unique in that the amount of people who want vaccines of all ages is significantly less than a place like NY, which would obviously speed up the process of getting it to all ages. I still think NY could have done better throughout the Covid process. Everything has just been so simple and straightforward here since the beginning. I have not heard the same being said of back home. 

Regardless, good on you for helping people out. It is appreciate by me and I’m sure those you have helped as well. 

Fully agree. Sorry, Covid has been a stressful time for sure. There's been so much to try and stay on top of. 

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I wonder what the percentage of people who want to get vaccinated in NY is compared to SC. Probably has something to do with availability.

I believe the CDC would have that information. 

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

My son is overseas in the Marines. A few days ago his unit got vaccinated. My son has pretty much full blown Covid now and is very ill. I’m certainly no antivax Karen but that scares me. 

He didn't get Covid from the vaccine. 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Disorganization.  Not to gloat but NH is vaccinating anyone over 16 and getting an appointment fairly is easy.

Yeah, I'm in NH and became eligible on the 31st and got my shot the next day, with my second dose currently scheduled for 3 weeks later.

43 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

My son is overseas in the Marines. A few days ago his unit got vaccinated. My son has pretty much full blown Covid now and is very ill. I’m certainly no antivax Karen but that scares me. 

F1CE955B-BC8D-46CB-83AF-9CE820C1C456.jpeg

I’ve heard if he switches to a seafoam green crayon for their breakfast and abstains from eating any off-brands for the next two meals, the symptoms clear up right away. Hope he feels better soon. 

Edited by #freejame
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

He'll be okay. The Marines will give him great care. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

well whatever it is he had a bad reaction from it 

Was it the 2nd dose?  Which vaccine did he get?

A lot of people are feeling pretty bad after the 2nd dose.  Basically flu type symptoms and feeling pretty wiped out for a few days.  It’s not a bad reaction, it’s just a strong immune system response.  Hope that’s just what is going on with your son.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

The Sabres won't be treated differently than any other US population group by being vaccinated now.  I have no problems with this.  I wonder how the Canadian teams are doing.

Yep.  They won't be jumping the line on anybody in this part of the state.

Had they been scheduling the whole team while the general population was restricted to being 60+ barring special conditions, that would be something completely different.  But even Cozens is old enough to qualify for it based on his age under the new guidelines.  

If they want it, let 'em get it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Disorganization.  Not to gloat but NH is vaccinating anyone over 16 and getting an appointment fairly is easy.

Over abundance of supply. They go bad and if they didn’t give them out they’re cut off from future supply. 

Like build a sidewalk to nowhere if you want to get more money next year. 

4 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

That’s an interesting question.  There are parts of Toronto where they are vaccinating 16 +.   I’ll assume if the player lives in that postal code he can get vaccinated.  However, I would have thought an NHL team would get all vaccinated at once. 

Now the Canucks are knee deep in it , like the Sabres were at one time.  Think they are dealing with the variant as well. Sounds like a few of their players are extremely sick.  However, I don’t think that’s been confirmed. ... just rumours 

I don't think its even comparable, they are talking almost the entire team, coaches and families of the Canucks have been hit. Its BAD right now for them

Right now its 16+ in the hardest hit areas in the GTA, everywhere else they just opened it up to 50 or 60+

Next week most areas are going to start vaccinating the teachers and support staff while the schools are on break for the week

9 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Over abundance of supply. They go bad and if they didn’t give them out they’re cut off from future supply. 

Like build a sidewalk to nowhere if you want to get more money next year. 

Yup, never have any left over money in your budget at the end of the year or you won't get as much next year.

And never go into contract negotiations without demands because otherwise you will start losing stuff you already have.

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  They won't be jumping the line on anybody in this part of the state.

Had they been scheduling the whole team while the general population was restricted to being 60+ barring special conditions, that would be something completely different.  But even Cozens is old enough to qualify for it based on his age under the new guidelines.  

If they want it, let 'em get it.

In other words, let the player schedule their appointments like everyone else? Is there precedent for taking vaccines into specific workplaces other than health care facilities? Would we have a problem with all Taco Bell employees getting jabbed at work?

13 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

As someone who had COVID for 6 weeks my recommendations are simple.  Plenty of fluids, rest, Vitamins C & D, some type of sleep aid if he can't sleep.  Also alternating Advil and Tylenol for fever.  Monitor blood oxygen levels constantly.  If they fall below 90, seek help.  While this sucks, he is young and strong and will recover soon.  I ended up with bi-lateral pneumonia and was able to recover.  He'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh I think the state gov is dumbasses most times but I feel that way about most state govs. Vaccine rollout suddenly got a lot better in March, probably because they had money. 

19 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The initial COVID situation was not done well, but truthfully they were working with no real data as to what to do.  Once they figured it out, we kind of became a model for how to control COVID spread for many months through late spring into the summer and fall...there was no excuse at all for those other states to have the outbreaks they did. They got to see everything NYS did that worked on a large scale and they largely chose to ignore it.

I work at the national level for the DOD, in recruiting and training new Soldiers, and we track this stuff closely.  NYS isn't the ideal spot you think it is.  NYS has the second worst mortality rate among US States, only trailing New Jersey, and closely followed by Massachusetts.  We ask the kids that come in where they are from, and NYS has been one of the hot spots for a while.

The reason that I cite SC is because the state has basically been open since the summer, and rates about the middle of mortality rates for the states (slightly higher due to an early outbreak).  The SC governor never put the restrictions in place that NYS did, and got a better outcome.

Vaccination distribution here is on the same pace as NYS, with similar rates.

NYS can cite the outbreak in NYC at the beginning as well, leading to a higher mortality rate.  But I know the people who set up and ran the Javits Center.  That was a self-inflicted situation.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Der Jaeger said:

I work at the national level for the DOD, in recruiting and training new Soldiers, and we track this stuff closely.  NYS isn't the ideal spot you think it is.  NYS has the second worst mortality rate among US States, only trailing New Jersey, and closely followed by Massachusetts.  We ask the kids that come in where they are from, and NYS has been one of the hot spots for a while.

The reason that I cite SC is because the state has basically been open since the summer, and rates about the middle of mortality rates for the states (slightly higher due to an early outbreak).  The SC governor never put the restrictions in place that NYS did, and got a better outcome.

Vaccination distribution here is on the same pace as NYS, with similar rates.

NYS can cite the outbreak in NYC at the beginning as well, leading to a higher mortality rate.  But I know the people who set up and ran the Javits Center.  That was a self-inflicted situation.

279 compared to 179

That's not great considering NY got hit first and harder than anywhere else while also compounding things with their dumb nursing home plan. I wouldn't be throwing out 19th highest mortality rate per capita is some giant triumph. 

California locked down and has a 152. Considering the population density in California compared to SC, that's something. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.