Sabres looking into team getting vaccinated

LGR4GM

Irritating that they keep loosening the restrictions when it is already near impossible to get an appointment in this area that isn't from refreshing the screen 10 times a day at these places and trying to rush to get your info in before someone else takes it.  How about they just allow the age groups they just moved down to, to get the vaccine before they keep opening it up to more and more people that makes it harder to get an appointment?

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Irritating that they keep loosening the restrictions when it is already near impossible to get an appointment in this area that isn't from refreshing the screen 10 times a day at these places and trying to rush to get your info in before someone else takes it.  How about they just allow the age groups they just moved down to, to get the vaccine before they keep opening it up to more and more people that makes it harder to get an appointment?

I don't think that's due to a lack of vaccines.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

But those age groups now include everyone age 16 and older.

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

But those age groups now include everyone age 16 and older.

I know...which is what I am saying...they just made it 40 and over a few weeks ago and then quickly moved it to 16 and over...now instead of competing with 40-49 year olds for appointments, I am competing with everyone and their Mom.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Disorganization.  Not to gloat but NH is vaccinating anyone over 16 and getting an appointment fairly is easy.

SC opened to all 3/31 and nobody that I know that wants one is having any issues getting an appointment the same or next day. Most people I know are getting their vaccines. The government of NYS is, and will always be, a problem for everything. I’ve lived happily under the government in red states and blue states, but never NYS. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, #freejame said:

SC opened to all 3/31 and nobody that I know that wants one is having any issues getting an appointment the same or next day. Most people I know are getting their vaccines. The government of NYS is, and will always be, a problem for everything. I’ve lived happily under the government in red states and blue states, but never NYS. 

Agree.  I also live in SC, but have lived in both red states and blue states.  NYS is the problem.  If the Sabres were in SC, or even NC, they could have the whole organization vaccinated by now.

1 minute ago, Der Jaeger said:

Agree.  I also live in SC, but have lived in both red states and blue states.  NYS is the problem.  If the Sabres were in SC, or even NC, they could have the whole organization vaccinated by now.

I wonder if everyone on the Hurricanes qualified under having smoked more than 100 cigarettes in their life. I know more than one non-smoker in NC that was vaccinated because of that. 

21 minutes ago, #freejame said:

12 minutes ago, Der Jaeger said:

So you both live in a different state but are saying NYS is the problem... okay. 

I signed up fairly easily and quickly. I checked once and there was nothing, checked an hour later and was all set. 

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Surprised your are having trouble honestly. 

Just checking but I can find appointments all over the state currently. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So you both live in a different state but are saying NYS is the problem... okay. 

I signed up fairly easily and quickly. I checked once and there was nothing, checked an hour later and was all set. 

Well yeah, I have an appointment in Corning but its like a 2.5 or 3 hour drive.  None are available in the WNY area

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Well yeah, I have an appointment in Corning but its like a 2.5 or 3 hour drive.  None are available in the WNY area

Wegman's has it although without going through the prompts I can't tell you when their appointments are

https://www.wegmans.com/news-media/articles/covid-19-vaccines/#1611238976477-23d76a30-251b

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I spent 18 years in NYS and the entirety of my family is there. I follow NYS politics more than SC politics and haven’t spoken to anyone in NYS that has been overly satisfied about how they handled Covid or the vaccine rollout. I was always under the impression that a hatred of the NYS government was a non-partisan feeling. 

10 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I spent 18 years in NYS and the entirety of my family is there. I follow NYS politics more than SC politics and haven’t spoken to anyone in NYS that has been overly satisfied about how they handled Covid or the vaccine rollout. I was always under the impression that a hatred of the NYS government was a non-partisan feeling. 

Oh I think the state gov is dumbasses most times but I feel that way about most state govs. Vaccine rollout suddenly got a lot better in March, probably because they had money. 

9 minutes ago, #freejame said:

The initial COVID situation was not done well, but truthfully they were working with no real data as to what to do.  Once they figured it out, we kind of became a model for how to control COVID spread for many months through late spring into the summer and fall...there was no excuse at all for those other states to have the outbreaks they did. They got to see everything NYS did that worked on a large scale and they largely chose to ignore it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.