Songs/routines that should be associated w/ player "events"

Taro T

This might already exist somewhere here for the current version of the team, but a quick search didn't turn it up& am not wading through a whole losing streak worth of posts to try to find it if it does exist.  Soooooo, 

The Flames seem to use different celebration songs when different players score or they get a pp goal, etc.  This team should do something similar.

Some thoughts:

When Ullmark is introduced play the Vince Gueraldi Trio's "Linus & Lucy."

When Mittelstadt scores play the German version of Petula Clark's "Downtown." (Aka Mittelstadt.)

When Reinhart scores play a clip of all the players sitting at the big bar at (716) w/ Reinhart behind it wioing it down and everyone chanting "Sammy, Sammy, Sammy" ala Cheers w/ Mayday Malone.

When Eichel scores could play Billy Joel's "Captain Jack," or since that could break @New Scotland (NS) maybe AC/DC's "The Jack" or something off Sandinista! 😉

Maybe play the "Northern Exposure" theme when Cozens scores?  Yeah, yeah, Alaska & the Yukon are different, but it's only on a map.  They're both cold and have more moose than people, so it works.  😉

When Girgensons scores, how about Ozzy Ozbourne's "Crazy Train" intro?  

When they go to video review let the organist play "3 Blind Mice."

When Thompson scores, play a punk version of Mancini's "Baby Elephant Walk" for the Baby Giraffe.

When some vet 3rd or 4th liner scores, how about Joe Walsh's "Ordinary Average Guy?"

Should Ristolainen score, play something very Euro & very thrash.

Any others?

Need to make this team fun again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

^ Eichel should be jumping jack flash 

After seeing that suggestion, it is soooo obvious that is the perfect choice.  (Where's the d'oh! smiley when you need it?)

🍺

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

when it's a deflection and they can't tell who scored then what

Go with Blur's "Song 2" or the Kings' "This Beat Goes On?"  Or something of that nature?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

This might already exist somewhere here for the current version of the team, but a quick search didn't turn it up& am not wading through a whole losing streak worth of posts to try to find it if it does exist.  Soooooo, 

The Flames seem to use different celebration songs when different players score or they get a pp goal, etc.  This team should do something similar.

Some thoughts:

When Mittelstadt scores play the German version of Petula Clark's "Downtown." (Aka Mittelstadt.)

When Reinhart scores play a clip of all the players sitting at the big bar at (716) w/ Reinhart behind it wioing it down and everyone chanting "Sammy, Sammy, Sammy" ala Cheers w/ Mayday Malone.

When Eichel scores could play Billy Joel's "Captain Jack," or since that could break @New Scotland (NS) maybe AC/DC's "The Jack" or something off Sandinista! 😉

Maybe play the "Northern Exposure" theme when Cozens scores?  Yeah, yeah, Alaska & the Yukon are different, but it's only on a map.  They're both cold and have more moose than people, so it works.  😉

When Thompson scores, play a punk version of Mancini's "Baby Elephant Walk" for the Baby Giraffe.

When some vet 3rd or 4th liner scores, how about Joe Walsh's "Ordinary Average Guy?"

Any others?

Cozens  

Jake (if he returns) or if not to another grinder

Eakin -  EMF Unbelievable.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Are we allowed to play songs from this century? 

😃

How about Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks" for Goalofsson?  (For no apparent reason other than he scores a lot and that has a good beat & an even better message.)

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

😃

How about Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks" for Goalofsson?  (For no apparent reason other than he scores a lot and that has a good beat & an even better message.)

Is that the one they couldn't play on the radio after Sandy Hook?

During your absence, commonly attributed to Lent, but some of us suspect you were doing time — I proposed a complete overhaul of the sounds and sights these guys have gotten so used to during season after season of losing.

Custom goal songs would be a great start. You could have save/big hit songs too. I also proposed a new horn (I'd go with whatever might be historically appropriate for local maritime history.) Or getting rid of it altogether. Dougie's gone as well. Sorry.

A while back, I listened to Sabre Dance and realized there are parts of it you could play when the team is rolling and the other team ices it or something. During the break, you keep that thumping part going from whistle to puck drop.

Zero confidence Kim and the college interns she mentors can pull it off.

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

During your absence, commonly attributed to Lent, but some of us suspect you were doing time — I proposed a complete overhaul of the sounds and sights these guys have gotten so used to during season after season of losing.

Custom goal songs would be a great start. You could have save/big hit songs too. I also proposed a new horn (I'd go with whatever might be historically appropriate for local maritime history.) Or getting rid of it altogether. Dougie's gone as well. Sorry.

A while back, I listened to Sabre Dance and realized there are parts of it you could play when the team is rolling and the other team ices it or something. During the break, you keep that thumping part going from whistle to puck drop.

Except for punting Dougie, can get behind all these suggestions.  

One addition piece building off yours.  The big save clearly gets followed by "we're not worthy."  (Much to Kev's chagrin as another item from the prior century gets added to "modernize" the presentation.) 😉

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Except for punting Dougie, can get behind all these suggestions.  

One addition piece building off yours.  The big save clearly gets followed by "we're not worthy."  (Much to Kev's chagrin as another item from the prior century gets added to "modernize" the presentation.) 😉

Are you behind coffin-kicking Jay Moran? He seriously sounds like a funeral director. Would you please rise and proceed single file past your loved one?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm good with them eliminating all ritually played songs from all games, forever.

I'd love to go back to an organ.

I hate our current "goal song" and will get drunk in celebration the day they eliminate it.

Can't stand the loud playing of music during games, either.

Having said that, they do tend to play a lot of Zeppelin snippets which I always enjoy!  LOL

On 4/5/2021 at 3:38 PM, Taro T said:

Some thoughts:

Any others?

For Risto, I'd say some tune by Joonas Hahmo, Simon Templar, Lordi, or Sotajumala. Each of those musicians are Finnish.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:15 AM, PASabreFan said:

If Aram Khachaturian heard the different versions of his famous tune, he'd probably cringe.

21 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I'm good with them eliminating all ritually played songs from all games, forever.

I'd love to go back to an organ.

I hate our current "goal song" and will get drunk in celebration the day they eliminate it.

Can't stand the loud playing of music during games, either.

Having said that, they do tend to play a lot of Zeppelin snippets which I always enjoy!  LOL

Start with the national anthem 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.