Sam Reinhart is a center

LGR4GM

42 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Every few weeks Reinhart gives a Pi an opening.

I didn't think Sam was great last night. In fact, most of the veterans kinda faded into the background.

Fortunately, the kids popped and picked up the slack.

I agree, I thought Reinhart was a little mediocre last night. I also didn't like Olofsson. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Not useless at 5v5 but also not useful at 5v5. 

Well said.

He tries hard and is generally responsible, but is not making plays.

And the fact his PP production has stalled just draws more attention to it.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Every few weeks Reinhart gives a Pi an opening.

I didn't think Sam was great last night. In fact, most of the veterans kinda faded into the background.

Fortunately, the kids popped and picked up the slack.

Has Sam improved under Granato?   

He's now 10 for 30 on draws since moving to C.  

40 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I agree, I thought Reinhart was a little mediocre last night. I also didn't like Olofsson. 

My point with Sam, and same could be said for Olofsson, is that if he's not scoring he's kinda useless and a liability defensively.   Casey is a better defender at this point... his battle and compete for pucks, strength on his skates at the point of attack, is ahead of Sam. 

The closer I watch him it appears that Sam's base is just not very strong, his platform is weak so he has trouble in battle situations unable to create leverage at the point of attack, so you see him easily get knocked off the puck, stumble, lose balance, which is why you see him fall down a lot.

10 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

My point with Sam, and same could be said for Olofsson, is that if he's not scoring he's kinda useless and a liability defensively.   Casey is a better defender at this point... his battle and compete for pucks, strength on his skates at the point of attack, is ahead of Sam. 

The closer I watch him it appears that Sam's base is just not very strong, his platform is weak so he has trouble in battle situations unable to create leverage at the point of attack, so you see him easily get knocked off the puck, stumble, lose balance, which is why you see him fall down a lot.

Sam Reinhart is pretty good defensively for this team. He is rarely out of position and makes good plays to exit the zone or retrieve the puck. 

5 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Reinhart was 1 for 7 on draws tonight.

Skinner 5 for 7.

hmmmm

Sam is not good at face offs, Skinner is.  Have people been telling you otherwise?

Also Sam was +2 and Eakin was -1.  So there!

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Was pointing that out earlier about Sam but I was told vehemently that face offs are over rated and unimportant so he's our C2 solved. 

Why even have a guy lineup on the dot? Just let the other team have the puck every faceoff, I mean, what's the difference since they don't matter?

Sam is obviously center.

C2 solved.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/4/2021 at 4:16 PM, LGR4GM said:

Lol. Okay, it's a worthless stat with no correlation to wins. In this super specific scenario, it's still useless. 

Flyers sit 3rd in faceoff percentage, clearly has helped them to great heights. 

Buffalo doesn't win last night if Reinhart takes that faceoff instead of Skinner. 

Just now, pi2000 said:

Buffalo doesn't win last night if Reinhart takes that faceoff instead of Skinner. 

Well yea... because Reinhart was the only right shot forward on the ice so... who else could have made that shot. So it isn't about the faceoff but Reinhart's nice shot, good thing we have such a good player on the team. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/8/2021 at 1:38 PM, Thorny said:

Not locking Sam up was one of the previous GM's biggest blunders IMO

Agree on the Sam point. If this twitter guy thinks that he has fully and accurately encapsulated the nuances of the "asset management" involved in signing Jack to that deal, though, then this guy can be exhibit A in twitter hockey takes being useless 

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Buffalo doesn't win last night without Ullmark in net. 

Buffalo doesn't win last night without Casey Mittelstadt. 

we could go on and on. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.