Taylor Hall sitting -- possible trade incoming

Sabre fan

1 minute ago, sweetlou said:

I would even drop the 2021 1st and just take the 2022 1st if Edmonton would retain $2million on Neal's contract.

There is no way Edmonton is offering two firsts and Bromberg. That’s like offering three firsts when no one else seems ready to offer one.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

That seems like a low-rent rumormonger site.  I will be shocked if they get 2 firsts for Hall.  

It does seem like a rumormongering site.

But let’s look at it like this:

(1) Buffalo retains 50% on Hall

(2) Hall agrees to a contract extension with Edmonton.

(3) Buffalo takes on 2x$5.75M cap hit James Neal.

What is all that worth?  2 1sts?  Maybe.

19 minutes ago, irregularly irregular said:

Seem to be out of proportion to whatever rumors have been swirling around for the past week.

But thank you Mrs Adams for trying to help Kevyn out by resetting the bar on this trade.

Huh?

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Two Firsts is one of the few scenarios where I would consider taking on Neal. 

His buyout would cost the Sabres 1.9 Million for 4 years though or 5.75 for two seasons. 

Is that worth a 2022 First? 

Getting all the rest of that is the absolute minimum for taking on Neal's deal.  Bringing him in puts them at over $20MM on 3 guys that haven't exactly excelled recently (Neal, Okposo, & Skinner).  Still expect they should say 'no' to that deal.

Edited by Taro T

4 hours ago, sweetlou said:

So if the trade is 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Neal, and D prospect is Philip Broberg for Hall I think KA would have to do it??

Not that I believe any of this but the D in question might be https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=196000

Lets throw McDavid, Draisaitl, Eichel, Reinhart in the mix for fun too🤪😂