Taylor Hall sitting -- possible trade incoming

Sabre fan

58 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

We don't want him on our team so its merely a shotgun approach ha!

I'm not sure what happened.  His acquisition was going to make us a Cup contender! 

It can't be overstated how uninformed a sports follower Terry Pegula is.

I'm just wondering what we're getting back; a first would be great but I don't see it.

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

I'm not sure what happened.  His acquisition was going to make us a Cup contender! 

I'm just wondering what we're getting back; a first would be great but I don't see it.

As one of the Athletic writers mentioned, (probably Vogl, but not positive) if Adams throws something else in the deal like 4th or a mid-tier prospect, then a 1st isn't completely out of the question.

The Sabres retaining 1/2 of his salary is pretty much a given in any realistic deal.

• nfreeman changed the title to Taylor Hall sitting -- possible trade incoming

As I've said for two weeks (more?) now:  Do not trade him for anything less than a first-round pick.  If the league needs to be shown that the Sabres are not a discount outlet, so be it.  That will pay off gains over time more than a second-round pick will.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

It would surprise me if it's a first even late round. 

@NHLRumorsDaily is surprisingly pretty good at breaking stories.

He says the Hall front has become more heated as of late between Florida and NYI with Toronto sort of sitting in the 3rd slot. Lou wants Buffalo to drop the cost as he hates trading 1sts. Meanwhile Buffalo seems to be holding rather firm while still being willing to negotiate.

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t ascribed to the 1st rounder or nothing for Hall school of thought.  If Hall had been good, then sure.  He hasn’t really even been good, why are some so sure that he is worth it?  I think I would do something like two 2nds, or a 2nd and a prospect, maybe even a 2nd and a 3rd, the market is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t ascribed to the 1st rounder or nothing for Hall school of thought.  If Hall had been good, then sure.  He hasn’t really even been good, why are some so sure that he is worth it?  I think I would do something like two 2nds, or a 2nd and a prospect, maybe even a 2nd and a 3rd, the market is what it is.

Two seconds seems fair, especially since the Avs traded two seconds for Devon Toews. 

Then again the Sabres traded two seconds for Hudson Fasching 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Two seconds seems fair, especially since the Avs traded two seconds for Devon Toews. 

Adams should tell the other GMs this as evidence of why Hall is worth at least one 1st!  Very persuasive.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

They also gave up Brayden McNabb, a real top-4 NHL defenseman who has played a lot for good teams in a solid NHL career, in that trade!

That deal may have epitomized GMTM's spend-like-a-drunken sailor approach to team-building.

• Like (+1) 5

11 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

@NHLRumorsDaily is surprisingly pretty good at breaking stories.

He says the Hall front has become more heated as of late between Florida and NYI with Toronto sort of sitting in the 3rd slot. Lou wants Buffalo to drop the cost as he hates trading 1sts. Meanwhile Buffalo seems to be holding rather firm while still being willing to negotiate.

I think lou wants to send his 1st to the devils for palmieri -   if the rumours are right he wants to send Bellows + komarov (capdump) and 1st to the devils for palmieri.

The capdump makes sure he can do another trade for another top 9 winger in hall, but he has nothing to trade with besides that 2022 1st then.

17 hours ago, Eleven said:

As I've said for two weeks (more?) now:  Do not trade him for anything less than a first-round pick.  If the league needs to be shown that the Sabres are not a discount outlet, so be it.  That will pay off gains over time more than a second-round pick will.

If the choice is between a first rounder and a B level blue chip prospect I'd honestly rather have the prospect. Given the Sabres' disappointing track record with late firsts I'd take the bird in hand over the two in the bush.

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It be awesome if we could get Spencer Knight from them but he's probably untouchable. 

He may not be considering the Bobrovsky deal.

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It be awesome if we could get Spencer Knight from them but he's probably untouchable. 

I doubt they move Knight but they also have Devon Levi as a prospect goalie. He was the #1 for Canada at the WJHC. They have some goalie depth which is why they may let Driedger go as well. Bob’s contract is next to impossible to move.

59 minutes ago, NAF said:

If the choice is between a first rounder and a B level blue chip prospect I'd honestly rather have the prospect. Given the Sabres' disappointing track record with late firsts I'd take the bird in hand over the two in the bush.

I'm fine with this.  I consider the B-level blue chip prospect (isn't that somewhat contradictory?) to be a better return, as well.

10 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Any chance to get Lundell?  Hall, Risto + this years 2nd?

Not enough I don't think. Risto and a second (plus rental) I don't think gets you a high first or equivalent 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Not enough I don't think. Risto and a second (plus rental) I don't think gets you a high first or equivalent 

Probably....but I always go back to this for irrational exuberance.  Always hope.  

April 3, 2013

Washington Capitals acquire

Michael Latta
Martin Erat

Nashville Predators acquire

Filip Forsberg

• Like (+1) 1