Taylor Hall sitting -- possible trade incoming

Sabre fan

At this point, Hall is a complete bust and playing him is dangerous as it would be our luck that he will get hurt and create a situation whereby either he is de-valued in a trade or possibly we cannot trade him at all if it is a season-ending injury. We cannot be much worse without him and obviously we need t trade him to get value for al that money the Pegula's forked out for him and it seems to make more sense to play someone that does fit into our long-term plans (say a youngster from Rochester?).

• Like (+1) 1

They aren't going to sit him.

Only a bit more than a week to go; his days are numbered.

When Terry Pegula said he would make us a Cup contender, I guess what he really meant was that he'd be a total zero and was just coming here to milk some solid cash on a 1 year rental--especially in a weird year where he didn't have a lot of other options.

6 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Play to win, so no.

I am going to have a party when Hall is re-signed.

Eek.  I don’t know.  I think they can find a better use for the ~$6M that Hall will probably cost.  I’m not sure that he is a winning player.

37 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Then come out and tell people he's being bubble wrapped for a trade.

Yup, that is the easy solution. We are sitting Hall in preparation for trading him and don't want him injured but he will still practice with the team. Nice and simple.

Hall seemed to be more motivated last night.  I say play him and see where it goes. Taking a puck to the face the other night seemed to wake him up there for a minute. Feeling the frustrations Hall needs to unleash them onto the oppositions goaltender.

Perhaps the spark plug just needs a spark...

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup, that is the easy solution. We are sitting Hall in preparation for trading him and don't want him injured but he will still practice with the team. Nice and simple.

But look what Montour did to the perception of him with 30 amazing seconds (ok and some solid play).  Why deny Hall that same opportunity.  Honestly, he has looked better recently playing with Mitts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Play to win, so no.

I am going to have a party when Hall is re-signed.

I’d like him to resign too.

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But look what Montour did to the perception of him with 30 amazing seconds (ok and some solid play).  Why deny Hall that same opportunity.  Honestly, he has looked better recently playing with Mitts.

Montour, like most of the team (except Hall of course), has looked good since head-fraud Ralph Krueger was canned.

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Did you really change your view on Montour from that one game and one shift? I didn't. I don't want him back either. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I suspect any potential return for Hall at this point depends entirely on past performance, given his output this season, so it probably doesn’t even matter 

GM's interested in Hall will most assuredly take in to account the extraordinary covid event the Sabres went through this season which the record before and after show had a significant impact on the team.

Of course, they will also take in to account the production of the player during this time as well imo.

A conditional 1st is my guess.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, Figster said:

Hall seemed to be more motivated last night.  I say play him and see where it goes. Taking a puck to the face the other night seemed to wake him up there for a minute. Feeling the frustrations Hall needs to unleash them onto the oppositions goaltender.

Perhaps the spark plug just needs a spark...

He had a pretty good game on the line with Mitts and Tage tonight, probably our best line on the night.  He set up the first goal, and seems to gel well with them.  Let him play there and look good; it should raise is trade value.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

They should hold him out until he accepts 5 passes in a row in practice without completely fumbling it.  I have never seen a player unable to handle the puck as much as Hall has this season.

He handled a half-rink pass just fine from Dahlin last game and immediately fired it tape to tape to Mitts who scored.

• Like (+1) 1