Nikita Gusev, rw: on waivers

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t want this either.  We’ve been throwing players to the wolves for almost 10 years now.  We need NHL bodies.

This is an evaluation camp.  We are trying to find guys for the future.  We are finding out things already such as Mitts is ready for a bigger role and maybe at center.  Reinhart also seems comfortable at center.  That Ullmark is a legit No 1 goalie.  That a more open style fits out personnel.  Etc.   Adding Gusev, who is a legit NHL RW on a expiring contract, is a reasonable part of that process.  

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

This is an evaluation camp.  We are trying to find guys for the future.  We are finding out things already such as Mitts is ready for a bigger role and maybe at center.  Reinhart also seems comfortable at center.  That Ullmark is a legit No 1 goalie.  That a more open style fits out personnel.  Etc.   Adding Gusev, who is a legit NHL RW on a expiring contract, is a reasonable part of that process.  

Right and if he sucks, don't re-sign him

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t want this either.  We’ve been throwing players to the wolves for almost 10 years now.  We need NHL bodies.

I am talking a few games each.   Team have been doing this for a century.  Fogarty wasn’t thrown to the wolves and he helped us win a game.   The season is over.  You just said no Gusev?   He is an NHL body on the scrap heap.   

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

For a few games, fine.  For the balance of the season?  ***** no.  They don’t need a pressure cooker and bad room.

57 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am talking a few games each.   Team have been doing this for a century.  Fogarty wasn’t thrown to the wolves and he helped us win a game.   The season is over.  You just said no Gusev?   He is an NHL body on the scrap heap.   

If we’re moving a bunch of UFAs we’ll need players for the balance of the season and I don’t want our kids thrown into that role.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

For a few games, fine.  For the balance of the season?  ***** no.  They don’t need a pressure cooker and bad room.

If we’re moving a bunch of UFAs we’ll need players for the balance of the season and I don’t want our kids thrown into that role.

There are only 20 games left.  What if he isn’t a bad guy? What if he brings a ton of speed and skill?  What if he is a fit here?  If he does work out then you’ve added a top 6 RW for nothing.  That doesn’t happen very often.  If he had 3 years left on his deal I’d be right with you, but his contract is only 20 games and we are desperate for talent at RW.  It really should be a no brainer if we can get the cap right.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There are only 20 games left.  What if he isn’t a bad guy? What if he brings a ton of speed and skill?  What if he is a fit here?  If he does work out then you’ve added a top 6 RW for nothing.  That doesn’t happen very often.  If he had 3 years left on his deal I’d be right with you, but his contract is no only 20 games and we are desperate for talent at RW.  It really should be a no brainer if we can get the cap right.

If he’s a bad guy (and I have no idea if he is or not) I don’t want him around our team for 20 minutes of hockey, let alone 20 games.  KA is going to need some intel on this.  Lindy does not have a history of throwing away good players without reason.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyler Ennis on waivers!

If we claimed him, he'd be tied for 5th in team forward scoring for currently on the roster players lol 

Bring him back to hotel california to fill in for soon to be traded assets 

Edited by Thorny

42 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There are only 20 games left.  What if he isn’t a bad guy? What if he brings a ton of speed and skill?  What if he is a fit here?  If he does work out then you’ve added a top 6 RW for nothing.  That doesn’t happen very often.  If he had 3 years left on his deal I’d be right with you, but his contract is no only 20 games and we are desperate for talent at RW.  It really should be a no brainer if we can get the cap right.

Seems like a waste of money imo.  If another bad team has decided they don't want this guy around their team, why should we?  Also, when you're the worst team in the league, you dont claim peoples garbage.  

1 minute ago, Drag0nDan said:

Seems like a waste of money imo.  If another bad team has decided they don't want this guy around their team, why should we?  Also, when you're the worst team in the league, you dont claim peoples garbage.  

When you are the worst team in the league with severe injury trouble, other teams' garbage is treasure because again, you are the worst. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

When you are the worst team in the league with severe injury trouble, other teams' garbage is treasure because again, you are the worst. 

Not that it matters, but I'm a little surprised how many people are against adding a skill player for nothing.  Oh well.

58 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Do you think there’s a chance that there are other teams in the league that would have fared just as badly in our division? 

45 minutes ago, SDS said:

Do you think there’s a chance that there are other teams in the league that would have fared just as badly in our division? 

No.  They just lost 18 in a row.  Are you seriously trying to....”they aren’t thaaat bad”?

They were absolutely horrible.  Worst in the league.

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

No.  They just lost 18 in a row.  Are you seriously trying to....”they aren’t thaaat bad”?

They were absolutely horrible.  Worst in the league.

I think that’s terrible logic. I don’t think you can play the seven same teams over and over again and claim no one else who would play those same seven teams would be worse.

That doesn’t make the Sabres play this year good. Maybe it means they are 29th instead of 31st. I am just challenging the contention that they are unquestionably number 31.

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

I think that’s terrible logic. I don’t think you can play the seven same teams over and over again and claim no one else who would play those same seven teams would be worse.

That doesn’t make the Sabres play this year good. Maybe it means they are 29th instead of 31st. I am just challenging the contention that they are unquestionably number 31.

Honestly, I don’t care that much, because what difference does it make, but I’ve watched a lot of games of slightly different versions of terrible Buffalo Sabres teams over the past decade.  Apart from the 2014-15 tank year, I think this Krueger team has looked the worst.

Edited by Curt

14 minutes ago, SDS said:

They are last in goals for against mostly backup goalies.

They are 29th in goals against.

Is our division really any tougher than the others? If it is, I don’t think it’s by much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.