Curtis Lazar week to week with LBI

Brawndo

I have not seen any games lately, but from what I read, they are playing much better and playing competent NHL hockey for longer stretches.  It sounds like they played a very good, full game against Philly when they notched a win and then had a strong first period against the Rangers before running out of gas in their 3rd game in 4 nights.  Their goalie kept them in it and they got a point (not that points matter at this stage, but it's at least something earned).  I think the main problem now is injuries and depth.  Lots of ifs, I know, but if they were 1) fully healthy, 2) not playing a COVID-compressed schedule, and 3) playing the current style/system that the present coaching staff has implemented, perhaps they wouldn't be that bad.  What say those who have seen all the games?

42 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I have not seen any games lately, but from what I read, they are playing much better and playing competent NHL hockey for longer stretches.  It sounds like they played a very good, full game against Philly when they notched a win and then had a strong first period against the Rangers before running out of gas in their 3rd game in 4 nights.  Their goalie kept them in it and they got a point (not that points matter at this stage, but it's at least something earned).  I think the main problem now is injuries and depth.  Lots of ifs, I know, but if they were 1) fully healthy, 2) not playing a COVID-compressed schedule, and 3) playing the current style/system that the present coaching staff has implemented, perhaps they wouldn't be that bad.  What say those who have seen all the games?

They appear to attack better and the goaltending has been much better.

Over the past week or two, they look more like a 70-point team than a 40-point team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.