Curtis Lazar week to week with LBI

Brawndo

I'm starting to wonder if the Sabres will have to bring in a couple bodies at the deadline?

I won't miss most of them, but Hall, Staal, Montour, McCabe, Lazar, Borgen, Cozens, Girgensons, Hutton, Johansson and Asplund is a ton of bodies.

And we may be adding some of Risto, Miller, Rieder, Sheahan and Irwin to that list as well

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm starting to wonder if the Sabres will have to bring in a couple bodies at the deadline?

I won't miss most of them, but Hall, Staal, Montour, McCabe, Lazar, Borgen, Cozens, Girgensons, Hutton, Johansson and Asplund is a ton of bodies.

And we may be adding some of Risto, Miller, Rieder, Sheahan and Irwin to that list as well

We are becoming an AHL team.  That is why I have said we need to bring a body back when we deal some of these guys.  Interesting team with Reinhart and Mittelstadt at center.  I know we have tried Samson there before, but I wouldn't mind trying it for the rest of the season to see if he has matured into the role.  If he has, a spine of Eichel, Reinhart, Mitts/Cozens is very interesting long-term.

26 minutes ago, French Collection said:

He was having a decent season plus he is a hard working player than can plug any hole in the bottom 6.

Time for Arttu to get his shot.

battle bots GIF

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sam Reinhart... is going to actually get to play center! OMG OMG OMG

its happening the office GIF

He did last night?  

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We are becoming an AHL team.  That is why I have said we need to bring a body back when we deal some of these guys.  Interesting team with Reinhart and Mittelstadt at center.  I know we have tried Samson there before, but I wouldn't mind trying it for the rest of the season to see if he has matured into the role.  If he has, a spine of Eichel, Reinhart, Mitts/Cozens is very interesting long-term.

I mean losing borderline AHL players to insert slightly less talented AHL players isn’t exactly becoming an AHL team. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

battle bots GIF

He did last night?  

I mean losing borderline AHL players to insert slightly less talented AHL players isn’t exactly becoming an AHL team. 

So are you calling Eichel, McCabe, Hall, and Staal plus Montour borderline AHL players?  Staal maybe at this point, but the rest certainly aren't.

Just now, inkman said:

No, Lazar. 

I thought last season when he was signed that Lazar was a AAAA player, but he (until injured last night) has been a bright spot and a legit NHL player.  Not a top 6 player but I've seen worse 3C's in the NHL.  There is nothing wrong with his game.  He has speed, wins draws, is positionally sound, can play up and down the lineup and has some scoring ability.  He was just a late developing kid who needed an opportunity and he is making the most out of it.  Honestly I'd rather have 5 Lazars then half the guys on this crappy team.  

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I thought last season when he was signed that Lazar was a AAAA player, but he (until injured last night) has been a bright spot and a legit NHL player.  Not a top 6 player but I've seen worse 3C's in the NHL.  There is nothing wrong with his game.  He has speed, wins draws, is positionally sound, can play up and down the lineup and has some scoring ability.  He was just a late developing kid who needed an opportunity and he is making the most out of it.  Honestly I'd rather have 5 Lazars then half the guys on this crappy team.  

Lazar is a 4c who can slide up if needed. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lazar is a 4c who can slide up if needed. 

Depends on what a staff wants out of their 3rd line.  He is more then just an energy center, although I have him penciled in as the 4C next season over Eakin and behind Eichel, Reinhart and Mittelstadt.  I don't mind the idea of Cozens as the 3C either.  I've been advocating for it all season, but I like what I've seen from Mitts at center since RK departed.

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Depends on what a staff wants out of their 3rd line.  He is more then just an energy center, although I have him penciled in as the 4C next season over Eakin and behind Eichel, Reinhart and Mittelstadt.  I don't mind the idea of Cozens as the 3C either.  I've been advocating for it all season, but I like what I've seen from Mitts at center since RK departed.

Haven't watched a lot lately...has Mittlestadt turned the corner and playing like he belongs in the NHL?

I saw he scored last night but not sure how he has looked night in/night out since being back in...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Haven't watched a lot lately...has Mittlestadt turned the corner and playing like he belongs in the NHL?

I saw he scored last night but not sure how he has looked night in/night out since being back in...

He is looking better each game.  Looks good at center.  He is skating hard and back checking well.  

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Shorter interview process for 2C than even a typical Sabres hire 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Shorter interview process for 2C than even a typical Sabres hire 

It is so funny to me how GA is the quickest on this board to anger over KA, especially when he can be perceived as being too slow to act or not doing enough to fix and address things, and at the same time, GA is ready to put Sam at 2C next year along with not adding one single forward to the forward corps next season 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.