GDT: 4/1/21 NY Rags vs. Buffalo Sabres. 7:00 p.m. TV MSG, Radio WGR550

Claude Balls

Hopefully the Sabres are seeing the value of their farm team. 

Fogs was solid with the Amerks this season, and has been solid for the Sabres. Same with Bryson. 

For so many years, we let too many players skip AHL development, to the detriment of those players. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Still only allowed 3 goals. He deserves some credit. Hutton woulda let at least 7 by him.

Someone may prove me wrong, but I cannot recall seeing a truly weak goal that Toker has let in.  Seems like he's making the saves he should be and maybe a few that we would not expect him to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Doohickie said:

I'm hurting from the loss but I'm so proud that this team was able to tie it up and take it to overtime.

Sabres players were running out of gas yet showed some grit and determination to pull off a tie. Wish we could have went into a shootout. I had a feeling If we could Sabres would win.

• Like (+1) 1

Really glad to see Thompson and Mittelstadt to not only get significant minutes, but also get rewarded.

Next time Carter Hutton allows four in 21 shots and somebody says 'but the team', I'd like to hold up career minor leaguer Dustin Tokarski  as exhibit A.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Someone may prove me wrong, but I cannot recall seeing a truly weak goal that Toker has let in.  Seems like he's making the saves he should be and maybe a few that we would not expect him to.

We might be on to something here for backup goaltender

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Nope, olofsson sucks. Seriously just send it back to Reinhart or don't cough it up. 

Not only did Reinhart put him in a jam, but how long does it take him to realize that VO was battling along the boards and he was the player furthest away from the play before he moved? He was just standing there. Watching. 

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Not only did Reinhart put him in a jam, but how long does it take him to realize that VO was battling along the boards and he was the player furthest away from the play before he moved? He was just standing there. Watching. 

Learned it from Hall on Monday.

27 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm hurting from the loss but I'm so proud that this team was able to tie it up and take it to overtime.

I am in Buffalo and missed the game.  Just running around visiting.  Sounds like they did good just to get a point.  I’ll take it.  

The Rangers are hot, we are in back to back.  Granato doing well without Eichel and Cozens. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Looks like Reinhart expected to get the puck tapped back in deep to him along the boards and it got Ofed to me SDS

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.