BREAKING: Jack Eichel traded to the Kings for Three Firsts, Turcotte and Byfield

Hoss

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'd say it's a fact he's immensely talented.

SS 101: if you don't like the opinion: "It's your opinion, not a fact!" "Agenda!" "Narrative!" "Troll!" If you like it: "This."

I didn’t mean for the bold to extend to that bit. Cell phone. I assumed you’d ignore that bit actually cause yes he’s obviously talented. And the other bits were obviously opinion 

Weak sauce on the SS 101 stuff - leaving aside the accidentally bolded - I know you know the other bits were opinion. 

I also thought you’d know I’m not the “narrative!” guy, but I suppose not

Edited by Thorny

35 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I didn’t mean for the bold to extend to that bit. Cell phone. I assumed you’d ignore that bit actually cause yes he’s obviously talented. And the other bits were obviously opinion 

Weak sauce on the SS 101 stuff - leaving aside the accidentally bolded - I know you know the other bits were opinion. 

I also thought you’d know I’m not the “narrative!” guy, but I suppose not

I can't keep you people straight. That's why I call most of you "chief."

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

TIL I don't care about Jack Eichel. I took the bait, uttered a soft "wow" and that was it. As I was about to click on the title, I noticed the small number of replies and I realized I'd been had. But... for those 10 seconds... nothing. Self-preservation, I guess. I'm not hitching my wagon to anyone associated with Sabres hockey. They can all fall into meat grinders. (I'll pull Cozens and Bryson out of the way though, but they're on short notice.)

Don't you have to hose off your driveway and tighten the screws in your mailbox again?

Pretty much the same reaction from me until I opened the thread.  No excitement. No anger.  No angst.  Nothing.

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Some angry people in here over a joke lol if you don't like it, don't click it

That’s the thing.  How is one to know without opening the thread?  It’s the whole point of the stupid ass joke.  To make you do something completely worthless.  

I'm gonna run someone off the road on my way home.  Haha.  April Fools!  It’s just a joke.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Local police are asking residents to be on the lookout for a man whose road rage is putting lives in danger. Witnesses say he ran at least 6 vehicles off of the 490 before pulling over, getting out of his car, and fleeing into the thickets, muttering about goddamn mother f***ing april fools, f***ing rasmus f***ing Dahlin, and graphic euphemisms for both male and female anatomy. 

Whether or not these attacks are random is unclear, but police note that each vehicle contained a Buffalo-Sabres-themed bumper sticker or flag, and all but one contained a Pennsylvania license plate. 

The man is said to be characterized by his abnormally large calves. 

We'll have more at 11. Back to you, Keith. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

That’s the thing.  How is one to know without opening the thread?  It’s the whole point of the stupid ass joke.  To make you do something completely worthless.  

I'm gonna run someone off the road on my way home.  Haha.  April Fools!  It’s just a joke.  

april fools day explosion GIF

18 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Any chance ink is setting us up?

Ink had about 12 buttholes in his office this morning before he got the finish his coffee. He’s been grumpy since 7:45.  I had heard a lot of April Fools talk on morning radio before I came in so the scene was set, just insert an easily annoyed curmudgeon.  

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ink had about 12 buttholes in his office this morning before he got the finish his coffee. He’s been grumpy since 7:45.  I had heard a lot of April Fools talk on morning radio before I came in so the scene was set, just insert an easily annoyed curmudgeon.  

This sounds like something Ink would approve of.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hawerchuk said:

I like Eichel, but if this trade were real, I'd take it with no looking back. Thats a huge gain for Buffalo in exchange for #9. Turcotte alone is going to be a stud!

Its sad, but impossible not to see coming. Should have added Hall to the trade for some icing on the cake.

• Like (+1) 1

The most interesting aspect of this has been the overall feeling that this would be fine with many. Secondary to that is ink’s adoration for festive celebrations.

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

the interesting question is - would you be happy with this trade?

I think i would be a yes  

I would hate it, personally. No known commodity in there and feels like the absolute lowest you should be getting for a superstar.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

My emotional reaction.  Shock, a rush of excitement, but not disappointment.  

I think its a relief for all concerned. Hard to strip Jack of the C. Needed to be done. Ullmark won me over as team MVP.

Cheers everyone for a new beginning. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.