GDT: 3/31/21 Filthydelphia Flyers vs. Buffalo Sabres. TV 7:30 on NBCSN, radio WGR550.

Claude Balls

ESPN article on the Sabres noted a NHL executive said they are not far off.  That is an indictment on the coaching and management than the on ice talent.  Stay healthy and the Sabres are a competitive team. RK was a horrible hire.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro60 said:

ESPN article on the Sabres noted a NHL executive said they are not far off.  That is an indictment on the coaching and management than the on ice talent.  Stay healthy and the Sabres are a competitive team. RK was a horrible hire.  

One win does wonders for the outlook, doesn't it.  We are not close at all. Likely not as bad as we've shown, but we need work.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, klos1963 said:

Let's see if they win more than 1 game first.

Fair enough.  My premise was based on that they continue to look good and pick up a few more wins.  Hopefully they do.  You never know where you'll find the next good coach.  He could be right under your nose.

• Like (+1) 1

Bold statements

1. RK is the worst coach in Sabres history

2. Linus is this team’s MVP and should be re-signed.  

3. We are going to look back at this game as the first game in the re-emergence of this franchise.  Also the night before we fired RK was the franchise rock bottom.

4. Bryson is the future Captain of this team.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, darksabre said:

For all the talk about how the players loved Krueger, you wouldn't know it from their pressers lately... 

They loved him because he was a lazy coach. Their practices were soft. They had it made. Winning can change a lot of things.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Thwomp! said:

Fair enough.  My premise was based on that they continue to look good and pick up a few more wins.  Hopefully they do.  You never know where you'll find the next good coach.  He could be right under your nose.

I know, it's ok to give him consideration, but you need to look around and hire the most qualified person for the job. It may be Granato, but if there is someone clearly better than Granato, hire that person.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

I know, it's ok to give him consideration, but you need to look around and hire the most qualified person for the job. It may be Granato, but if there is someone clearly better than Granato, hire that person.

This is why I hate Terry sticking his nose in everywhere. If he thinks Granato has this team heading the right direction, even just a little bit, TP will fight to keep him around because he will come much cheaper than anyone else. Really hope he has no say in who the next coach will be.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Claude Balls said:

This is why I hate Terry sticking his nose in everywhere. If he thinks Granato has this team heading the right, even just a little bit, TP will fight to keep him around because he will come much cheaper than anyone else. 

Yes, that is also a concern unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.