What do we get for Hall? When does he get traded?

GASabresIUFAN

I don’t want to wait for a bidding war or last minute deal on TDL day. GTFO now.  I don’t care what the return is...and I really hope that if they did have a thought of re-signing him, that they have come to their senses.  

I said it before,  everywhere he goes he brings a stink with him...EDM, NJ, ARI and this ECHL team. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 3

Since 2016 he is a top 30 player in points per game, even including this abysmal season

I can’t believe he has forgotten how to play.   He had covid, he never got to play with a healthy Eichel and the wheels fell off

buy low and get him on a good contract and hope he rebounds.

It’s not like the Sabres have all this depth to replace him 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Since 2016 he is a top 30 player in points per game, even including this abysmal season

I can’t believe he has forgotten how to play.   He had covid, he never got to play with a healthy Eichel and the wheels fell off

buy low and get him on a good contract and hope he rebounds.

It’s not like the Sabres have all this depth to replace him 

I don't want him in a Sabres jersey for another game, let alone another year. He's a bum and I want his stink away from this team ASAP.

I still think GM’s around the league, will look at the fact that the entire team was terrible all season… Not just Hall. They will also take into account Covid. 

it’s a safe bet that most GM’ will think he will return to be a pretty good player on the next team. 
I think the Sabres will get a 1st for Hall, or a pretty close equivalent with a player and a pick. 

nostalgia talking ... I mean if Paul Gaustad can return a 1st ...  😂

7 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You are probably a guy that bought GameStop at $400 and sold when it went back to $50 

Resigning Hall would be like buying GameStop at $400, holding it, then buying more at $250, then just holding it as it sinks back to $50, and being happy to do it.

This guy simply can not be signed.  This team needs to change drastically.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

You are probably a guy that bought GameStop at $400 and sold when it went back to $50 

No, but you're probably the kinda guy that signs players like Skinner to $9M per with no thought on team identity or culture, huh?

He's not hesitating to waive his NTC to get out of here. He's done nothing here to even give a glimmer of hope he fits with or can help elevate this team. And you wanna try to sign someone who doesn't wanna be here? The amount you'd have to overpay for this BUM is laughable.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Resigning Hall would be like buying GameStop at $400, holding it, then buying more at $250.

This guy simply can not be signed.  This team needs to change drastically.

I like the analogy but I wouldnt say he was bought at $400 when it was a 1 year deal   Maybe maybe they bought at $250 hoped it go to $400 and became $50    I think buying again, this time at $50 is worth the gamble as he will come relatively cheap and won’t get a long term deal.

I’ll roll the dice he returns to at least his median level of play.   

4 minutes ago, StuckinFL said:

No, but you're probably the kinda guy that signs players like Skinner to $9M per with no thought on team identity or culture, huh?

He's not hesitating to waive his NTC to get out of here. He's done nothing here to even give a glimmer of hope he fits with or can help elevate this team. And you wanna try to sign someone who doesn't wanna be here? The amount you'd have to overpay for this BUM is laughable.

You do understand that I would sign him to a short term deal and it wouldn’t be near $8 per either? 
maybe you didn’t comprehend my gamestop analogy ? 

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I like the analogy but I wouldnt say he was bought at $400 when it was a 1 year deal   Maybe maybe they bought at $250 hoped it go to $400 and became $50    I think buying again, this time at $50 is worth the gamble as he will come relatively cheap and won’t get a long term deal.

I’ll roll the dice he returns to at least his median level of play.   

For me, it’s as much a mental thing as anything else.  This team needs to change.  It literally needs to be something different.  Taylor Hall isn’t it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You do understand that I would sign him to a short term deal and it wouldn’t be near $8 per either? 
maybe you didn’t comprehend my gamestop analogy ? 

The man has stated publicly without hesitation that he'll waive his NTC to get out of here ASAP after he's done zero to elevate or help this team. In what world do you think you're not gonna have to overpay to keep him? His play has been awful, his grit and mental toughness is nonexistent, and he's trying to bail rather than be part of the solution. The fact that he has talent and continues to phone in almost every game as soon as he hit adversity means he's a bum. That is not a person you want in the room when you're trying to claw your way out of the darkness.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I just want it on record that I think Taylor Hall is garbage.

Hall's always been looked at as a only plays when he wants to guy and it's clear he's floated this entire season. 10-1 he plays his ass off for whoever we trade him to so that he can get a big contract but pity whoever signs him as he could quit on them at any moment. 

If we sign him I'm out. 

Hall can still get us a 1st and a player/prospect. Everyone around the league knows this team is garbage and will blame that. He can look OK again.

But we know Hall is garbage long-term and has been since the knee. He's still OK as a passer on the power play, but that's not enough. The only real reason to sign him in the first place is to assure you win #1 in the draft lottery. Whatever we do we must not re-sign him.

41 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I would move Hall for the current equivalent of Rob Conn and Dane Jackson from the 1995-6 Sabres.

Outstanding reference, more please.

I found it interesting that when the lineup was posted in the GDT, someone said those might have been the worst linemates Hall had ever had.

Both of them were better tonight than Taylor was.

• Like (+1) 2

Adams ain't getting jack chit for Hall. His trade value gets worse by the game. If anyone thinks they can trade for him, and he will all of a sudden turn his game around, is smoking crack. If someone does trade for him, they better have their resume ready. I've seen sea cucumbers with more energy. 

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, darksabre said:

I just want it on record that I think Taylor Hall is garbage.

Duly noted.

LOL

Did you think he would be something other than garbage at this point in his career, on an overpaid 1 year rental deal?

8 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

No, he’s probably the guy that doesn’t care about Taylor Hall being “unlucky” in the offensive end because he’s good for 2 giveaways/poor defensive plays for goals against a game 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.