What do we get for Hall? When does he get traded?

GASabresIUFAN

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-buffalo-sabres-mulling-a-variety-of-trade-scenarios-involving-taylor-hall-1.1615908

Dreger suggests that some teams want Hall only if he signs a new deal.  (Fools).  That said, It sounds like the perfect scenario for a conditional 1st plus.  The conditions will probably be the 1st becomes a 2nd if he doesn't re-sign or the new team doesn't make the Conference Finals (similar to the Kane trade).

I think now that Bos, Tor, Stl and the NYI are probably the most likely destinations

We've seen DeBrusk and a 1st discussed with Boston.  I like 2 2nds from Toronto plus Liljigren and Kerfoot.  

Not sure what Stl and the NYI have to offer.  I wouldn't mind snatching Kiefer Bellows from the NYI.

You are FAR overvaluing Hall. The Debrusk and a 1st deal that was suggested was by a writer, not a rumor. And that was absolutely insane (you probably don’t get either of those pieces straight up for Hall).

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

You are FAR overvaluing Hall. The Debrusk and a 1st deal that was suggested was by a writer, not a rumor. And that was absolutely insane (you probably don’t get either of those pieces straight up for Hall).

I assume they'd have to move debrusk to make a Hall deal work.  But i doubt they're packaging in a 1st.  Closer to a hockey trade, and we can boost the pick value by paying some of halls deal.

The list of players who have scored as many or more goals than Taylor Hall for the worst team in the NHL:

• Reinhart
  • Olofsson
  • Rieder
  • Lazar
  • Cozens
  • Montour
  • Asplund
  • Skinner
  • Miller
  • Sheahan
  • Staal
  • Ristolainen
  • Jokiharju
  • Thompson
  • Eakin
  • Mittelstadt
  • Okposo
  • Dahlin
  • Eichel

I think it's safe to say things didn't work out in Buffalo.

Just now, dudacek said:

The list of players who have scored as many or more goals than Taylor Hall for the worst team in the NHL:

• Reinhart
  • Olofsson
  • Rieder
  • Lazar
  • Cozens
  • Montour
  • Asplund
  • Skinner
  • Miller
  • Sheahan
  • Staal
  • Ristolainen
  • Jokiharju
  • Thompson
  • Eakin
  • Mittelstadt
  • Okposo
  • Dahlin
  • Eichel

Are you sure you don’t want to lock him up long term?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

• Reinhart
  • Olofsson
  • Rieder
  • Lazar
  • Cozens
  • Montour
  • Asplund
  • Skinner
  • Miller
  • Sheahan
  • Staal
  • Ristolainen
  • Jokiharju
  • Thompson
  • Eakin
  • Mittelstadt
  • Okposo
  • Dahlin
  • Eichel

That is embarrassing.   I don’t want Hall re-signed no matter what the $$$ or term are.   Get anything for him at the TDL, and chalk it up to another Pegula era failure. 

• Like (+1) 1

Top 5 Point leaders on the Sabres this season as of 4/2/2021

Reinhart 23

Olofsson 21

Hall 18

Eichel 18

Montour/Dahlin 12

At 36 games Hall has played, he’s producing at a .5 per game clip. Just not good enough. Even on a bad team like the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone who has looked at Hall in recent years should know that he is a playmaker.  His career shooting % is like Jack’s 10%.  In recent years with the exception of his MVP year, is 7-8%.  

He has brought in IMHO to generate offense from our scorers Jack, Reinhart and VO.  He has done some of that just not enough.  Honestly he is a lesser version of Jack.  

What I’m surprised about is that he is still here. I figured the Leafs would have already moved to get him. 

I find Hall post-COVID to be full of bursts of ultimately pointless energy between stretches of morose navel-gazing. He's got some obvious one-on-one ability, but there is no end game; so many of his plays are either ill-conceived or poorly executed and he doesn't display much chemistry.

I have no idea how many of his assists are secondary, but I believe a ton of them were not why a goal was scored. He looked great on the Mitts goal last game, exploding out the zone on the rush and putting a crisp pass on the tape. Those plays have seemed more the exception than the rule.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:09 AM, Hoss said:

We must hold the sanctity of rumors!! When half the posters just post off the cuff made up garbage all the time. Zach Galifianakis Flirting GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.