What do we get for Hall? When does he get traded?

GASabresIUFAN

I assume any deal must include an 1st rd pick, but of that is all we get I’ll be disappointed.  

Here is just a sample of some of the internet buzz regarding Hall.
https://www.nj.com/devils/2021/03/nhl-rumors-pair-of-potential-trade-partners-linked-to-ex-devils-mvp-taylor-hall.html

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/03/latest-on-taylor-hall-2.html

https://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-taylor-hall-trade-destinations/

So far the deal I like the best is Hall to the Bruins for a 1st and Debrusk.  Also likely we’ll have to retain some cap to get the deal done.  I’ve read about interest from Bos, Fla, NYI, Edm, Chi, and Toronto among others. There is speculation that he isn’t even worth a 1st at this point or whether we’d take a first this season because of the lack of scouting across the NHL.

Personally, I’d rather get a couple of young players or prospects for Hall, but no matter where we send him some player needs to come back in the deal to help us maintain a roster.

I can also see a trade, but re-sign in the off-season situation depending on how he is viewed by the Sabres.  This is not my preference.  

If we do trade him to Tor or Edm, this needs to be done sooner then later because of the Canadian Covid rules.  However, I doubt he gets moved until the front office moves are completed.  I figure he’ll move sometime next week.  Teams that have him as their top choice won’t want to wait so that they still have time to go for plan B at the deadline.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think there is any way you get a 1st + Debrusk, even if you retain.  I'd settle for a good prospect, and maybe a 2nd or 3rd.  Not sure if his down year will bring much more of a return for a 30 year old with 12 years of NHL wear and tear on his body.

Edited by LabattBlue

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I don't think there is any way you get a 1st + Debrusk, even if you retain.  I'd settle for a good prospect, and maybe a 2nd or 3rd.  Not sure if his down year will bring much more of a return for a 30 year old with 12 years of NHL wear and tear on his body.

I agree and am not expecting a #1 for Hall.  I don't think any NHL GM could have seen the Sabres play this year and decide to give up a #1 for him.

I'm guessing it will be a #2 and a #3, or perhaps a #2 and a prospect.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Mark my words ...

Hall will not be traded.  Hall will be re-signed.

God I hope not.

I honestly believe we'll get at least a 1st for Hall(50%) judging on the number of supposed interested suitors.

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Mark my words ...

Hall will not be traded.  Hall will be re-signed.

I will not be a happy camper.  He hasn’t done anything to deserve an offer from the Sabres.  Send him packing at the TDL with a double order of wings as a parting gift.  

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

This season is not one to base judgement on any player.

Hall is a top line winger in the NHL.  

“is” or “was”?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I assume any deal must include an 1st rd pick, but of that is all we get I’ll be disappointed.  

Here is just a sample of some of the internet buzz regarding Hall.
https://www.nj.com/devils/2021/03/nhl-rumors-pair-of-potential-trade-partners-linked-to-ex-devils-mvp-taylor-hall.html

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/03/latest-on-taylor-hall-2.html

https://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-taylor-hall-trade-destinations/

So far the deal I like the best is Hall to the Bruins for a 1st and Debrusk.  Also likely we’ll have to retain some cap to get the deal done.  I’ve read about interest from Bos, Fla, NYI, Edm, Chi, and Toronto among others. There is speculation that he isn’t even worth a 1st at this point or whether we’d take a first this season because of the lack of scouting across the NHL.

Personally, I’d rather get a couple of young players or prospects for Hall, but no matter where we send him some player needs to come back in the deal to help us maintain a roster.

I can also see a trade, but re-sign in the off-season situation depending on how he is viewed by the Sabres.  This is not my preference.  

If we do trade him to Tor or Edm, this needs to be done sooner then later because of the Canadian Covid rules.  However, I doubt he gets moved until the front office moves are completed.  I figure he’ll move sometime next week.  Teams that have him as their top choice won’t want to wait so that they still have time to go for plan B at the deadline.

I hope we do get something like a 1st and a prospect like DeBrusk for a 2 goal scorer because it's the hilarious inverse of the idea that the value of players goes down playing here on a bad team - we are officially seen as so bad organizationally that Hall is seen as bearing zero blame for his own output haha

• Haha (+1) 1

the only way we get anything of real value is if several teams get into a bidding war for Hall. We need say Tor, Ed and Boston to step up and go after him big time. Hopefully other teams get into it too but these teams are desperate and hopefully we will get something of value. Still do not think we'll get a1st unless it is like Boston or whoever where their 1st is somewhere over #20 which is more like a 2nd almost...

Sportsnet Staff@Sportsnet December 16, 2019, 4:45 PM

The New Jersey Devils have traded star Taylor Hall and Blake Speers to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for a 2020 conditional first-round draft pick, a conditional 2021 third-rounder, along with forward prospects Nate Schnarr, Nick Merkley and defenceman Kevin Bahl.

This is what Hall was traded for 2 years ago.  Obviously we aren't getting anything near that amount, but a 1st plus something doesn't seem to crazy of an ask.

Back in October, one perhaps envisioned a spirited debate about the merits of signing Taylor Hall to a longer term deal after this season was up, likely in the context of making a choice between Sam Reinhart and the former-MVP, with reservations centered around mid versus longer term because of his age and injury history. 

One probably did not envision this discussion to be NS vs. the field.

I dont why hall would want to stay. He said Kruger was a big reason he came and now he is gone. The team is an absolute joke and he has 0 chances of winning the cup in buffalo. Without a significant change to the entire team, the Sabres could go another 5 years without having a playoff bound team. 

The only way he stays is to be wayyyyyyyyyyyy over paid

Kitten needed for some positivity in my post

Stretching At Home GIF

Edited by Mike Honcho

30 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

This season is not one to base judgement on any player.

Hall is was a top line winger in the NHL.  

Last year he was traded for a 1st, a 2nd and the equivalent of two Rasmus Asplunds.

The player he has been this year is worth a 2nd.

It will be interesting to see where he falls in between.

I think if Adams is offered a 1st rounder he has to trade him, even if he is willing to re-sign.

I'm not sure where I draw the line on signing him — two years $4 million per?

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are we doing this again?

Is there any fan base that overrates players more (before they get here, when they're here and when they're about to leave)?

I am going to suggest that the Sabres' fan base is no more and no less deluded on the value of their team's players than every other team's fan base.

The way-above-average amount of delusions lie in certain fans' feelings about the owners.

Is Hall one of the guys Stall mentions as really being hit hard by covid? 
I think they should take a chance and sign him will his play is down. I can’t imagine him not being better next year !
what kind of contract would he command after the season he had?

I would slightly over pay him on a 3 year deal.  
I’d rather that then a couple of 2nd round picks.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This is what Hall was traded for 2 years ago.  Obviously we aren't getting anything near that amount, but a 1st plus something doesn't seem to crazy of an ask.

To be clear that was one year ago - during the 2019-2020 season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.