GDT: Flyers at Sabres 3-29-21. 7PM start

spndnchz

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

It looked like a shoulder or arm injury. Not 100% on that.

Definitely not his brain?  That’s good news.  I didn’t see it, and I got a little worried when I saw UBI.  He just came back from a brain UBI.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

No doubt tonight sucks, especially losing Cozen's too.  But I will say this....I WAS ENTERTAINED FOR 2 PERIODS....which has not been an easy thing to say this season.  

Bravo. There no point of even being angry anymore. Just whatch the games, or not. They might surprise us, but probably not.

• Like (+1) 2

I am still fuming. 18 games without a win. 18 freakin games.  Every player that was here for the start of the Pegula era should be purged.  

Keep only Bryson, Borgen, and Cozens.  Maybe Uhlmark.  

Get Rutherford.  Let him hire a coach   Trade half of these turds before the next season starts   Dump the rest of them the next year.  Keep only the youngest and least tainted.   The team will be competitive in 3 years if we replace the players that don’t care - the ones that lose by routine and without a fight.  Damm Vegas started with nothing and won their conference the first damm year.  There is NOT ONE player that has proven to be a building block.  All it takes is one to start with.    

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It's "should have," for crying out loud. And if you think Rasmus Dahlin is "probably the worst defenseman in the league right now," well, I can discard your opinions for a long time.

I’m heartbroken and devastated you don’t like my opinion 😂😂 he’s minus 33... that is pretty grim. Dead last. 😂😂

3744156C-061F-4674-8E73-B6A191BA8E56.jpeg

Edited by Gatorman0519

47 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Going back to Krueger, I always expected to hate the strategy of putting a plug (not in a bad way, just relative to OT players) out in OT to win the faceoff and race to the bench. But it literally always seems to work lol

if only there was a guy who could win draws and contribute offense and not get traded for "losing his love of the game" 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bravo. There no point of even being angry anymore. Just whatch the games, or not. They might surprise us, but probably not.

I would rather put a mirror in front of my toilet and watch myself poop. How can you even watch this franchise ever again?  OMG torture sessions unending.LOL

25 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am still fuming. 18 games without a win. 18 freakin games.  Every player that was here for the start of the Pegula era should be purged.  

Keep only Bryson, Borgen, and Cozens.  Maybe Uhlmark.  

Get Rutherford.  Let him hire a coach   Trade half of these turds before the next season starts   Dump the rest of them the next year.  Keep only the youngest and least tainted.   The team will be competitive in 3 years if we replace the players that don’t care - the ones lose by routine and without a fight.  Damm Vegas started with nothing and won their conference the first damm year.  There is NOT ONE player that has proven to be a building block.  All it takes is one to start with.    

I do agree with your sentiment but I suppose I've had a bit of a paradigm shift.  I mean, Risto has been here for a while.  I'm too lazy to look up how long but this organization's general incompetence has been pretty much going on for his entire career, no?  I'm guessing at a certain point of this revolving door of circus characters and suckage I'd say ***** it and mail it in.  I'm not saying he is or saying he deserves to do so and I'm not disagreeing with you or making excuses for this Benny Hill ***** but maintaining a high motor effort for dis many games over dat many years has to wear on the psyche regardless of salary.

I should be pissed off, but I'm not.

That game featured the best two periods the team has played in months. There were times they actually looked threatening offensively. And the guys I actually care about watching over the next month or two — Cozens (until he got hurt), Mitts, Thompson, Jokiharju and Dahlin — played a ton, looked engaged and did stuff. Sure, they didn't get it done, but they did get a chance, and they looked like they wanted more.

If the rest of the season looks like that (with some Bryson, R2, Borgen, Asplund and maybe even some RyJo, Quinn, UPL and Big Matthias mixed in) I'll keep watching.

Edited by dudacek

I don’t fume over losses

I don’t get pissed over losses

I have more important things in my life to worry about, and get mad about or upset about or be overly passionate about. The Sabres in 2021 is not one of them. 
I was slightly aggravated, or frustrated for about five minutes after the game. then I just let it roll off my back like all the other losses this season. I find the emotion of pure anger over the Sabres this season is a waste of my energy. The most I can muster up is aggravated or frustrated ... briefly 😂 

• Like (+1) 2

I can't believe how many people are actually taking this loss hard.

I thought *for sure* the streak would end tonight after the 2nd period.  It had that look the entire game, in fact.

But of course, we found a way to lose, which is laughable.

I genuinely want to see the streak continue at this point.

I think we can get it to 20 or maybe even 25.

Dare to dream, Sabres fans! 

2 hours ago, Southtown Tommy said:

He needs to be part of a big hockey trade. Been saying this for a couple years. A soft and average player..

Reinhart is one of 2 really good hockey players on this team, and we tanked an entire season of God awful hockey to get him.

OK, he should have been Draisaitl that was a huge miss by GMTM, but he's still a damned good player.

If we trade him, we will lose the trade.

Why do Sabres fans hate on the good players?  

The team sucks so get rid of the 2nd best player on it?  Trade Eichel too?

I don't get that.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Can't believe you are only coming around to this feeling *now*.

Where have you been the last 8 years or so?

Did Pegula announce he's selling the team?  No?  Then get ready for more of the same.

You have to roll with it and enjoy it for what it is at this point.

I want that streak to get to 25.

Normally it’s reasonably possible to laugh things off, at this point, but blowing a 3-0 lead always stings a bit. 

Seeing literally the only projected top 6 C in the entire system aside from Eichel go down to injury 3 times as a Sabre, in the span of 25 NHL games played is the other thing. 

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Normally it’s reasonably possible to laugh things off, at this point, but blowing a 3-0 lead always stings a bit. 

Seeing literally the only projected top 6 C in the entire system aside from Eichel go down to injury 3 times as a Sabre, in the span of 25 NHL games played is the other thing. 

absolutely agreed...I love Cozens and am looking forward to a great future but if he is going to get hurt every few weeks we are in big trouble. Apparently Jack is seriously hurt too so that does not bide well for our future at center...

• Like (+1) 1

Blowing the 3 goal lead doesn't bother me. This is all preseason as far as I'm concerned. I want to see improvement. And we saw these guys play pretty well for 2 periods. If we can see more of this then maybe Granato is making a difference.

The book on Dahlin is out and the league knows it. Pressure him and he'll cough up the puck. I'm seeing teams go after him everytime he gets the puck. But I also thought he played with more confidence and did some great stuff. Just keep working on it even if you keep screwing up. These games don't matter. Play like this is extended camp.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I’m heartbroken and devastated you don’t like my opinion 😂😂 he’s minus 33... that is pretty grim. Dead last. 😂😂

He's not even the worst defenseman on the team.

Edited by Eleven

9 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Is Reinhart the worst RW in the league?

These minuses say nothing except that the team as a collective is an abomination 

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

All this OT Dahlin hate is misplaced imo. He was fighting for the puck but had no support from his team mates. The other two guys were just standing around waiting. This is the sabres for years now. No team work. Just stand around and let the other guy do something. They all suck. 

Hall had no hustle... at all.. trailing on a 2 on 1.  I think Mitts could've played his part better, but a forward is not usually in that position in a 2 on 1.  

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

I should be pissed off, but I'm not.

That game featured the best two periods the team has played in months. There were times they actually looked threatening offensively. And the guys I actually care about watching over the next month or two — Cozens (until he got hurt), Mitts, Thompson, Jokiharju and Dahlin — played a ton, looked engaged and did stuff. Sure, they didn't get it done, but they did get a chance, and they looked like they wanted more.

If the rest of the season looks like that (with some Bryson, R2, Borgen, Asplund and maybe even some RyJo, Quinn, UPL and Big Matthias mixed in) I'll keep watching.

I honestly felt like Mitts and Thompson carried the Hall line more than the other way around.  Skinner and Okposo were like the best line on the ice for a stretch.  

Risto/Irwin on the other hand are an absolute train wreck. 

9 hours ago, Indabuff said:

I do agree with your sentiment but I suppose I've had a bit of a paradigm shift.  I mean, Risto has been here for a while.  I'm too lazy to look up how long but this organization's general incompetence has been pretty much going on for his entire career, no?  I'm guessing at a certain point of this revolving door of circus characters and suckage I'd say ***** it and mail it in.  I'm not saying he is or saying he deserves to do so and I'm not disagreeing with you or making excuses for this Benny Hill ***** but maintaining a high motor effort for dis many games over dat many years has to wear on the psyche regardless of salary.

Risto has improved and is one of the few I don’t totally dislike.  Still, he is smothered in losing, even more so than the rest.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.