GDT: Flyers at Sabres 3-29-21. 7PM start

spndnchz

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Folks, this one is my fault. Told my fam that the Sabres were up 3-0, they were stunned, and asked me to cast it to the TV. We proceeded to watch 4 consecutive Filly goals. 

In 3 seasons, I only have 1 memory of a play by Dahlin leading to a goal in OT, and even that one was a giveaway (SJ, 2018). Given where his head and hands are at, it is downright cruel to put him out there IMO. 

We have nothing to hang our hats on here, but one thing is for sure. This embarrassment had better drive rage and fury years down the line. Every time a Buffalo Sabre in 2021-22 and beyond decides they might back off a lead against Philly, or any team, they'd better think back to nights like tonight and smirk before crushing their skulls

Ot goal wasn’t on Dahlin 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

It comes from years of sloppy practises, ineffective coaching, chaotic management, abysmal player development, mishandling of assets, bad drafting, and the after-effects of trying to lose.

Until their practise and work habits emphasise an attention to detail, this will continue indefinitely. 

Yep. A complete change to effective player development from drafting to game time is needed. Fundamental organizational changes.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

He's a whipping boy now. If he's on the ice he's at fault. Poor kid. 

Agree. It’s a little ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I wouldn't let him play another game. Trade him and keep him out until then. 

Seriously 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ot goal wasn’t on Dahlin 

His mishandling triggered the change in possession that ultimately led to the goal, though I do agree that the other two are more at fault for the goal. I don't really think we have the guys available to put in his place, but this didn't help the Sabres win and it isn't going to help Dahlin's likely deteriorating mental state. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's a whipping boy now. If he's on the ice he's at fault. Poor kid. 

No, he lost possession. OT is a possession game, and Dahlin lost it, then won it back briefly, then lost it again. It's very relevant to analyzing the play. I'm not jumping down his throat or yelling at him or anything, it is what it is, and Mitts/Hall bungled the rush the other way, which should not have been an odd man rush. We can talk about Dahlin's role without it being a baseless beatdown of a poor little baby 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

By the way....Where was the great Sam Reinhart tonight?

Classic Reinhart... completely invisible for stretches, contributes nothing anywhere on the ice, then has a two goal game where pucks bounce in off his stick and everybody wants to throw all kinds of money at him... smh

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

It comes from years of sloppy practises, ineffective coaching, chaotic management, abysmal player development, mishandling of assets, bad drafting, and the after-effects of trying to lose.

Until their practise and work habits emphasise an attention to detail, this will continue indefinitely. 

Very true. Sadly, even if next season sees improvement, I don't see the playoffs for at least 2 year out. Of course, there is always....hope, but honestly, your spot on and conditions such as this normally take a couple years under the right guidance. And let us hope, we get some guidance in here.

Couturier and Giroux come up big when needed.  Reinhart and Hall, our two best players, choke again.  They do nothing.  Don’t try to tell me it’s a team game.  Your top players must be expected to come up big in crunch time.  Ours do not.  

Did you see Giroux try to slash Reinhart on the final shift of the 3rd? He was going to do anything to stop him.  Anything!  Even ready to square off.  

Then Giroux owns Dahlin, while Hall is playing with himself standing there doing nothing.  

Our best players just do not get it done.  They fold every time.  They really do. I just want to forget they all ever wore the Sabres jersey.  

18 in a row   The worst ever.  When I was a kid I felt sad for the Seals, the Caps, the Scouts, and the Barons    We are them   For ten years we are the teams that I used to pity - no star players.  The only difference is that we lost on purpose.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm never gonna get over how useless Hall is. What an absolute joke of a hockey player. 

I’m in the same place. I rarely outright dislike players and he’s the one guy. He’s by far the worst relative to how much better he should be.

We cannot sign this player

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

No, he lost possession. OT is a possession game, and Dahlin lost it, then won it back briefly, then lost it again. It's very relevant to analyzing the play. I'm not jumping down his throat or yelling at him or anything, it is what it is, and Mitts/Hall bungled the rush the other way, which should not have been an odd man rush. We can talk about Dahlin's role without it being a baseless beatdown of a poor little baby 

Yea, he's a whipping boy. 

He lost it with no support either for a pass or in case he lost it. Kid was hung out to dry

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.