Official Jason Karmanos Hired as Sabres Associate GM

Brawndo

Could we see another add to the the front office besides Jason Karmanos as AGM? 

Friedman mentioned Rick Dudley and Scott Luce as having ties to the Sabres on a Podcast recently. Or is it someone like Jim Rutherford? 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Unless it’s like a business intern from Harborcenter or something 

Like I said.  Just about anybody ...

4 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

Have we also reported the changes to the scouting department? With the new head of amateur scouting an head of pro scouting (rather than just scouting) - means different person running our draft board this year.

Also rumours of more scouts being recruited 

This could be the most important of any and all changes.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Unless it’s like a business intern from Harborcenter or something 

I don't see them bringing in anyone other than real hockey people to run the hockey department.  No rookies and no idiots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Nice! Getting my hopes up. 

Watch Chad have this first, again. 

Honestly quickly becoming my most trusted Sabres twitter source/news breaker 

I don't know much about Chad. I kind of look at non-mainstream media Twitter accounts with a skunk eye. Who is he and what has he gotten right?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Almost like being a league wide embarrassment finally got the Pegulas to do something. 

I've been saying for weeks that Bettman and or other owners had a long talk with him about fixing this f....ing mess.  My guess is about the time for that stupid 3/5 press conference.  TP was probably told to fix the front office, get some experience in and build a real hockey team.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't know much about Chad. I kind of look at non-mainstream media Twitter accounts with a skunk eye. Who is he and what has he gotten right?

He has surprisingly gotten a boat load of things right. 

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Runs a site called Expected Buffalo. Has a weekly Podcast and does have media credentials with the Sabres.

Broke the Kahun Trade, was the first to suggest that Krueger was indeed being fired the night before it happened. Was cited on WGR 550 the next morning for being first to report it, and is a frequent guest on WGR to discuss the Sabres on The Howard Simon Show. 

• Like (+1) 4

Possibilities:

1. Status quo — Terry (de facto president) • Kevyn • Head coach

2. Tweak — Terry (de facto president) • Kevyn • Karmanos • Head coach

3. Tweak-plus — Terry (de facto president) • Kevyn • Senior advisor • Karmanos • Head coach

4. Major tweak — Terry • Hockey president • Kevyn? • Karmanos? • Head coach

5. What needs to happen — Hockey president • GM • Karmanos? • Head coach

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Possibilities:

3. Tweak-plus — Terry (de facto president) • Kevyn • Senior advisor • Karmanos • Head coach

I’m hoping/thinking tweak-plus or major tweak. I won’t rule out that number 4 being “what needs to happen”

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I've been saying for weeks that Bettman and or other owners had a long talk with him about fixing this f....ing mess.  My guess is about the time for that stupid 3/5 press conference.  TP was probably told to fix the front office, get some experience in and build a real hockey team.

So the league has to jump in and tell Pegula to fix this mess or otherwise nothing would change?

52 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Like I said.  Just about anybody ...

This could be the most important of any and all changes.

I don't see them bringing in anyone other than real hockey people to run the hockey department.  No rookies and no idiots.

No rookies & no idiots seems like something we would've shot for from the start.... Here's to better luck this time!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Possibilities:

I’d be pissed about #1, meh about #2, optimistic about #3, jumping for joy about #4, and back to hockey heaven/multiple cups about #5. 

😂

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.