Official Jason Karmanos Hired as Sabres Associate GM

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

NHL personnel doesnโ€™t go towards the cap.ย 

Right, which is why his question only makes sense from a liquidity perspective and that doesn't seem relevant anymore (if it even ever was truly relevant) for reasons given upthread.

Just now, Taro T said:

Right, which is why his question only makes sense from a liquidity perspective and that doesn't seem relevant anymore (if it even ever was truly relevant) for reasons given upthread.

Ding ding we have a fan ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

• spndnchz unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Come on. No one wants to scream about Karmanos? Y'all lazy.

Save the Power selection, I thinkย this was his draft, not Kevynโ€™s.

And he certainly put his stamp on it. Most clearly calculated and interesting list of picks since 2012 in my view.

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

Save the Power selection, I thinkย this was his draft, not Kevynโ€™s.

And he certainly put his stamp on it. Most clearly calculated and interesting list of picks since 2012 in my view.

Adams had said that Karmanos & Fortanย were going to be running this draft, so expect you are correct.ย  But Adams only had 5 picks last year & only 2 that were at spots that players actually have a chance to make the show, so we don't really know much about his philosophy other than he doesn't give C's additional weight over W's and whoever led this effort agrees w/ that.

Edited by Taro T
2nd guy making decisions was said to be Fortan, not Ventura. Oooops.

Eh... Google it.ย  I haven't been collecting links, sorry.

EDIT...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10008586-2021-nhl-draft-results-team-by-team-grades-for-notable-picks

Some guys on SIrius XM said their only A rating goes to the Sabres... sorry I can't remember who.

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2021/07/25/2021-nhl-draft-grades-lwoh/

ย 

Edited by Doohickie

Ya, I'd rather the grades be good than not obviously, but we know we can't rely on them as we've scored near the top of these types of lists and "farm system rankings" many many times in the past and not see a correlation with team performance.ย 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.