Official Jason Karmanos Hired as Sabres Associate GM

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Not going to pretend to know who chose this or why it happened, but it would have been nice to have some help for the trade deadline, ie one of the 3 biggest days for a hockey executive. 

Kevyn has all the help he needs from Kim & Terry.  All is good...no need to panic.

• Haha (+1) 1

So, what did people think of Kevyn’s answer to the assistant GM question?

He’s just had some “very serious” conversations with a candidate “and we will see where that goes.”

It almost sounded like either he was waiting to hear a reply, whether it was to an offer, a point of contention, approval from the boss....?

He left little doubt rebuilding the hockey department is a major focus.

"It's a priority," he said. "It's a huge hire in terms of how we're putting together the hockey department and structure and, like I said before, we need to build the front office back up. 

"We need to hire more scouts, we need to make sure that we're putting the pieces in place from our front office right through the scouting department, player development department and just make sure that as we move forward, we're having the right people in the right positions."

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

So, what did people think of Kevyn’s answer to the assistant GM question?

He’s just had some “very serious” conversations with a candidate “and we will see where that goes.”

It almost sounded like either he was waiting to hear a reply, whether it was to an offer, a point of contention, approval from the boss....?

He left little doubt rebuilding the hockey department is a major focus.

"It's a priority," he said. "It's a huge hire in terms of how we're putting together the hockey department and structure and, like I said before, we need to build the front office back up. 

"We need to hire more scouts, we need to make sure that we're putting the pieces in place from our front office right through the scouting department, player development department and just make sure that as we move forward, we're having the right people in the right positions."

My guess is Kevyn wants to give the new AGM a NMC but the new AGM keeps telling him they don’t give those to executives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Not going to pretend to know who chose this or why it happened, but it would have been nice to have some help for the trade deadline, ie one of the 3 biggest days for a hockey executive. 

Deadline seems to me has lost importance. In fact has become quite dull.

5 hours ago, WildCard said:

I wonder if whomever he's interviewing was waiting to see how the deadline was handled.

Or they could be waiting to hear back from a group of people Regarding multiple positions in the organization and want to make announcements all at once

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Or they could be waiting to hear back from a group of people Regarding multiple positions in the organization and want to make announcements all at once

If this was the case, I’d think that some of the hirings would be leaked out somehow.   We will find out over the next month or so. 

Edited by LabattBlue

• Brawndo changed the title to Jason Karmanos Being Hired as Sabres AGM
  • Brawndo changed the title to Jason Karmanos Being Hired as Sabres Associate GM
10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Does an assistant GM warrant this much excitement? I think it's going to take Rutherford to make me schwing.

Is it exciting?  No.

Is it an indication that this club is making moves towards no longer being dysfunctional?  Yes.

Will those moves be successful?  No ####ing clue, but there is hope. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.