Non Sabres Trades 2021 Deadline Edition

Brawndo

18 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I wish there was a way (while viewing the forum in night mode) to change the Twitter posts people are posting to white text. The dark blue in back of black text has been difficult to read to say the least 😂

There is on twitter but not how it embeds here. 

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Sam Bennett got a better return than Hall

pretty insane optics haha

the trade continues to reflect less poorly on KA, yet the initial signing that much worse. 

no one thinks Hall is any good 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Apparently you don't understand mathematics and age

Oh most importantly playoff experience..

Hall ? 

Apparently you don't understand the difference between a career 27pt a year player with bad defensive metrics and a career 50pt player with mediocre defensive metrics. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

pretty insane optics haha

the trade continues to reflect less poorly on KA, yet the initial signing that much worse. 

no one thinks Hall is any good 

Exactly. All this talk of bringing him back, even during him being a waste of space at $8M, was insane.

Just now, WildCard said:

Exactly. All this talk of bringing him back, even during him being a waste of space at $8M, was insane.

At this point, and I don't think he wants to come back, I wouldn't even call his agent or negotiate with him ever again. 

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

These deals are legal because the team taking 25% of the salary are getting the player in the initial deal & then trading him with 50% retention of the new cap.

They can't get SJ or another team to take a portion of Skinner's cap because they'd be stuck w/ whatever %age they agree to take for the entire remainder of his deal (6 more years at present) before trading him on to whoever actually ends up with him.   That'll cost way more than a 4th round pick to make happen.

Except that in one case, the team retaining 25% didn't give up anything but the retention for getting a pick from the team getting the player. (I think it was the deal where Detroit retained some cap space for another team.

(The skinner part was just an example, I know it would take more and would be for more then just one year)

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

"we're cup contenders if we add Hall"

"yup"

Terry and Kevyn 

I just want to say that I predicted this entire season down to Hall and our position in the standings last April. Only difference is I had term and JBot making the signing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.