Non Sabres Trades 2021 Deadline Edition

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

"Truculence" lol

Bummed about the Leafs getting Foligno. They are legit contenders now and I hate them.

If they make it that far, Tampa is going to steam role them, same with Washington. Leafs D hasn't faced significant consistent pressure outside of Edmonton, and even then, it was with a couple lines. Their current division has nothing near the capacity of Tampa. IMO.

24 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Toronto will Toronto. They do every year. Without fail. I look forward to tasting Leaf fans tears again.

And no, this year is NOT different.

I know it’s strange to say, but I don’t really feel anything near this level of dislike for the Leafs.  In my Sabres fandom, the two teams have never been good at the same time.

15 minutes ago, Curt said:

I know it’s strange to say, but I don’t really feel anything near this level of dislike for the Leafs.  In my Sabres fandom, the two teams have never been good at the same time.

same here. What I do hate are Leaf fans. They act like the team they are rooting for has a long history of success. I sometimes wonder if they think the Canadiens are actually the Leafs

56 minutes ago, Curt said:

37 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

same here. What I do hate are Leaf fans. They act like the team they are rooting for has a long history of success. I sometimes wonder if they think the Canadiens are actually the Leafs

Absolutely a majority of the animosity towards the Loafs stems from their fans misplaced sense of entitlement.  They forget that their SC drought is longer than the Sabres drought & even getting within 4 games of hoisting that chalice has also eluded them longer than the Sabres have existed.

They're like Yankee fans but with absolutely nothing to back their brashness.  (Though watching Cowboy fans heading down their road brings a certain warmness to the heart.)

Toss on Canadian sport media's insistence on overhyping everything Loaf, and disliking them is almost a given.  Blank the Loafs & their helmet wearing fans.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't agree with being able to do this, adding a 3rd team to a deal for the sole purpose of taking on cap hit for other teams. 

(Although I guess this year that might be the only way for deals to get done because all the buyers are pretty much right up against the cap)

If this is legal, why could a team like Buffalo just shop picks to teams with space for a players cap hit? Why couldn't they call a team like SJ and offer them a 5th for 1/3 of Skinners cap hit this year?

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't agree with being able to do this, adding a 3rd team to a deal for the sole purpose of taking on cap hit for other teams. 

(Although I guess this year that might be the only way for deals to get done because all the buyers are pretty much right up against the cap)

If this is legal, why could a team like Buffalo just shop picks to teams with space for a players cap hit? Why couldn't they call a team like SJ and offer them a 5th for 1/3 of Skinners cap hit this year?

These deals are legal because the team taking 25% of the salary are getting the player in the initial deal & then trading him with 50% retention of the new cap.

They can't get SJ or another team to take a portion of Skinner's cap because they'd be stuck w/ whatever %age they agree to take for the entire remainder of his deal (6 more years at present) before trading him on to whoever actually ends up with him.   That'll cost way more than a 4th round pick to make happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.