Non Sabres Trades 2021 Deadline Edition

Brawndo

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Exactly. They pay 25% of Savard’s salary for a 4th round pick. Seems kinda ridiculous and kind of like Stevie Y did his old boss a favor.

Definitely seems to be the case. Creative, but a little sketchy and it it sets a precedent the league might change the rules in the future. maybe. 

Tampa definitely a contender again if they weren't already. 

Columbus looks like they are going to go rebuild so Torts might be available season end after all. 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Definitely seems to be the case. Creative, but a little sketchy and it it sets a precedent the league might change the rules in the future. maybe. 

Tampa definitely a contender again if they weren't already. 

Columbus looks like they are going to go rebuild so Torts might be available season end after all. 

It doesn’t set a precedent. Sounds like the Leafs paid a similar amount for a 5th last year.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

I thought the cba had a rule about salary retention and roster time limits.

For some reason I am thinking the player had to be on the opening day roster to retain salary. Was that a previous cba? Or am I misremembering it for some other oddball rule?

Have at it ...

https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/file/NHLPA_NHL_MOU.pdf

9 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

I love ***** like Detroit did in the Savard deal.  Got a 4th round pick for a quarter of his salary.  I wish the Sabres were more creative and were involved in deals like this.

Maybe they are.  (Doubt it, but it is possible.)  They'll keep 1/2 of Hall's salary, but nobody else they likely will ship out has a deal breaking salary.  But they can still retain salary 1 more time at present.  They have the flexibility to be creative.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I doubt 2 because Dreger would have known Toronto was out at that point. 

I’ve gotten slightly weary of Dreger, because it seems like he regurgitates info with an agenda fed to him a by agents and such little too often.  That could absolutely just be me though.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.