Non Sabres Trades 2021 Deadline Edition

Brawndo

• nfreeman pinned this topic
  • spndnchz unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Long boring discussion really.

Rutherford didnt make any deadline deal predictions or comment on possible movement.

He was mostly basking in his deadline deal prowess while at the same time talking about the salary cap hell he created because of it.

He sounds like he isn't going to make a decision till the summer about his status but he could be bullshitting. 

Pierre and Scott go on to speculate his next move could be President of Hockey Ops or Senior Advisor somewhere and that several teams could benefit and more will be looking after the season. 

If Buffalo wants him,  they better get serious. I just hope he's A voice and not THE voice. 

44 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

He could have played for the Sabres, if he hadn't demanded a trade. This is the second time in his career that he's done that and gotten away with it. How long until Daddy's coattails run out?

He is a clone of his dad though isn't he? Same rat bastard get you from behind or when you're down kind of guy. I guess if he'd stayed a Sabre I'd be okay with him as you do when you're a fan but as a player on another team I can't stand the guy. 

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Long boring discussion really.

Rutherford didnt make any deadline deal predictions or comment on possible movement.

He was mostly basking in his deadline deal prowess while at the same time talking about the salary cap hell he created because of it.

He sounds like he isn't going to make a decision till the summer about his status but he could be bullshitting. 

Pierre and Scott go on to speculate his next move could be President of Hockey Ops or Senior Advisor somewhere and that several teams could benefit and more will be looking after the season. 

If Buffalo wants him,  they better get serious. I just hope he's A voice and not THE voice. 

Didn’t someone say that maybe he isn’t even able to sign a contract until June because he is still under contract with Pittsburgh?

The addition to Zajac to the package makes it hard to make a Hall comparison.

It does remove the other top offensive player available, but is there enough competition and flexibility out there to net us a 1st?

Personally, I’d rather have Palmieri than Hall for a playoff run, but maybe GMs haven’t been jaded by watching him play 30 with the Sabres.

2 minutes ago, Shootica said:

I'd presume they're in this to balance out contracts.

Agreed. I’m not AHL savvy like some of the posters here, but with everything going on do people think they will even change organizations during the season? I’m not sure what kind of shape NJs AHL team or if either of these players would be contributors. I would also imagine that due to the pro teams close proximity that their AHL squads would also be close. 

Edited by #freejame
So to do

6 minutes ago, #freejame said:

If anyone like me was wondering about the players NJ got, it looks like they are two AHLers who are 25 and 27. 

AJ Greer is (indirectly) the players the Avs took with the Sabres 2nd in the first ROR trade.

I say indirectly, because they traded down a few slots first.

Edited by dudacek

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The addition to Zajac to the package makes it hard to make a Hall comparison.

It does remove the other top offensive player available, but is there enough competition and flexibility out there to net us a 1st?

Personally, I’d rather have Palmieri than Hall for a playoff run, but maybe GMs haven’t been jaded by watching him play 30 with the Sabres.

Good news is that with Palmieri traded, one less option. 

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hall in a multi-piece deal, Risto, Montour, maybe even Rienhart? That could be a very lucrative return package in Prospects/Picks. Interesting that Lou went for the multi-piece scenario, wonder if it forces Adams to learn a little from that and revamp any plans he may have had.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Hall in a multi-piece deal, Risto, Montour, maybe even Rienhart? That could be a very lucrative return package in Prospects/Picks. Interesting that Lou went for the multi-piece scenario, wonder if it forces Adams to learn a little from that and revamp any plans he may have had.

Friedman said the other day that Lou wanted to add (1) a C and (2) goal scoring.  Looks like he got two birds with one stone.

I don’t think this means that any other team is more likely to want multiple rental pieces in a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Not unless the Sabres are willing to take back some contracts because theres not likely to be a team with enough cap space to pick up a package of players including Hall for just Prospects and picks

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.