GDT: Sabres at Boston 3-27-21 1PM

spndnchz

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It's interesting Casey is getting a more prominent role between the two. I suspect it might be a development thing, where they are protecting Dylan a bit, but have decided to see what Casey can do.

Casey is definitely a better hockey player than he was a year ago. He's showing some effort and burst; he's in the play more, instead of always being behind it. Still a big question as to what kind of role he can carve for himself. He has looked better, but he hasn't produced.

Thing about Dylan for me is not so much that he's making things happen, it's just that he does the right things so often. He's actually performing like a real good bottom six player right now: speed, effort, discipline and he doesn't hurt you.

I'm not sure the skill level is there to be a top-line player, but, as we have seen many times development is hardly linear.

I think 2C will be Dylan’s perfect niche. Though you can’t rule out a Scheifele like trajectory. Cozens is more of a balanced style but purely in terms of development you never know. Both taken from 7 actually, big bodies. 

Casey has been better. I still think he settles in as a 3rd line LW 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.