GDT: Sabres at Boston 3-27-21 1PM

spndnchz

11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is that not a professional athlete's own responsibility?

Uuuuhm no, that’s the coaching staffs responsibility. The pro athlete needs to maintain a base shape at all times, that’s the extent of what he can and should do.

You think pro athletes haven’t got basic fitness trainers working with them throughout the season, in pretty much every team sport?

Well, at least the succesful teams do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kristian said:

Uuuuhm no, that’s the coaching staffs responsibility. The pro athlete needs to maintain a base shape at all times, that’s the extent of what he can and should do.

You think pro athletes haven’t got basic fitness trainers working with them throughout the season, in pretty much every team sport?

Well, at least the succesful teams do.

All these teams have strength and conditioning coaches. The players are monitored pretty closely I would think.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

All these teams have strength and conditioning coaches. The players are monitored pretty closely I would think.

That was kinda my point. So Covid breaks aside, who’s responsible for the team being this out of shape?

I doubt everyone on the team are lazy by nature, most pro athletes are quite the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Berg said:

Only strongest fans will survive with this team..

Or the drunkest, been a long 45 years of suffering, out of the 45 years I think we had 4 great seasons where  I thought we would win the Cup, only to have the Cup either ripped away by BS or kicked in the jimmies by injuries. One can only take so much. The other 31 years were mostly a middle team that would do just enough to go watch them play, the last 10 have been defined as "They could leave now or whatever". I am so bitter I wasted so much of my hard earned money on them.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, stenbaro said:

Or the drunkest, been a long 45 years of suffering, out of the 45 years I think we had 4 great seasons where  I thought we would win the Cup, only to have the Cup either ripped away by BS or kicked in the jimmies by injuries. One can only take so much. The other 31 years were mostly a middle team that would do just enough to go watch them play, the last 10 have been defined as "They could leave now or whatever". I am so bitter I wasted so much of my hard earned money on them.

Sad, but true

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.