2021 Sabres: Worst NHL Team of All Time?

Kruppstahl

12 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

I made the conscious decision to rebel against those who bitched about not being able to get their hairs cut because of the coronavirus pandemic. And I've stuck to it. If that makes me look like a bum, it makes you look far smaller for being appearance driven.

Oh, right. We don't get to see what "Kong" (really, i'm having a discussion with someone who calls themselves "kong," fart my life) looks like so we can poke fun at all his/her blemishes.

Good lord.

jw

I never have cut my hair or shaved.  I just use my Kanga to keep it neat.  Gadzooks, what do I look like?

Any advice?

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

IMO we'd beat a couple others too in those conditions

I would argue the health of the players represents an appropriate condition when trying to figure out who the actual worst team is, once we’ve decided in the first place to go down the hypothetical road of NOT going with “you are what your record says”. The problem lies with Krueger, and in fact why it’s so hard to make these comparisons. The 20-21 Sabres are both with Krueger and without, fired halfway through. 

Even going with a stats based comparison is tough cause of the scheduling/division differences 

1 hour ago, Kong said:

Touchy aren't we? You're a public figure dude, which means you're fair game.

Imagine someone being touchy about an insult to their personal appearance.

Imagine thinking it's OK to insult someone about their personal appearance because of their job.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Imagine someone being touchy about an insult to their personal appearance.

Imagine thinking it's OK to insult someone about their personal appearance because of their job.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/31/2021 at 2:24 PM, Norcal said:

I'd keep him.

But if the team decides to move him I'd prefer they send him out west.

The return would likely dictate that but I don't think I would want to face him as much as they would in the east.

I figured that was what you were going for. I've always chafed against this logic. I want to win the trade with so much confidence I don't care if Jack's in Toronto or Boston. What are you saying if you're afraid of Jack being in the same division or conference? We're still going to suck?

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I figured that was what you were going for. I've always chafed against this logic. I want to win the trade with so much confidence I don't care if Jack's in Toronto or Boston. What are you saying if you're afraid of Jack being in the same division or conference? We're still going to suck?

The best option for a trade is out west. LA Kings have the center prospects required, no one else does

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The best option for a trade is out west. LA Kings have the center prospects required, no one else does

If the NHL wasn’t crazy boring we could think up some 3 team trades, but that’s just an impossibility with this league.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:21 PM, PASabreFan said:

The return more than anything would dictate where I would trade Jack if I'm the Sabres.

They need to get a max return of NHL players, top prospects and picks. They cannot afford to lose or even appear to lose or tie the trade, it has to be a definitive win IMO.

For that reason I can't just say, West Coast or nothing, but....

The fact that Jack Eichel came to Buffalo after such a long drawn out tank period, the price they paid to get him, and the players they lost along the way is why I would hate to see him on a team that could end Buffalo's season before reaching the Stanley Cup. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.