LabattBlue

Part of my youth. ย Growing up a sports fan in Buffalo, ย Rick was tops. ย 
ย 

Erv, Rick and Tom - ย that was growing up in the 60โ€™s, 70โ€™s and beyond. ย 

ย 

RIPย 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4

I was working in a camera shop in the 1990s when Irv Weinstein walked in. I ended up waiting on Irv and commented about the recently-retired Rick Azar, saying that he really aged gracefully. To that Irv said: "Do you mean that I'm not aging gracefully?"ย 

RIP Rick, a class act.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kong said:

I was working in a camera shop in the 1990s when Irv Weinstein walked in. I ended up waiting on Irv and commented about the recently-retired Rick Azar, saying that he really aged gracefully. To that Irv said: "Do you mean that I'm not aging gracefully?"ย 

RIP Rick, a class act.

Lol Classic Irv. Great storyย 

Rick had gravitas. The voice, the silver hair. Whether it was near-exclusivity in the market or genuine, honest craftsmanship, he came to be an authority. His reporting was to be believed, and the rare editorial was powerful, coming from him. Same with Van and, later, Ed. There not only aren't sports anchors like them anymore, there isn't even an opportunity to do so. I couldn't tell you who the anchors are now. We don't think we need them anymore. But we needed Rick and were lucky to have him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.