GDT: Sabres at Pens 3-25-2021. 7PM MSG

spndnchz

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think we may have a good backup now and starter in Ullmark

Doubtful any goalie stops the 2 goals scored so far tonight IMO.

The one goal was a little weak. Looked like a Ryan Miller special. Tokarski acted like he was never gonna see that puck again the way he waved at it. He was slow to react. 

Gotta admit though, the amount of rubber DT has seen, he has been pretty solid. But at this point, before they get him killed, why don't they just play that Schnauser guy and let him take the abuse.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Don Postle's wasn't bad either.  I remember seeing Irv a couple times in public....He was even shorter and stockier in person than on camera!

I met him once too.  My sister-in-law worked in the WKBW newsroom in the mid 70s.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

A WNY sports news fixture from my youth. I went to school with his son Jeff at St Lawrence U.

If anyone remembers Don Dussias who did news on WGR55 back in the 70s..... I took his daughter to senior prom.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

I've never seen a team miss the net from close range so often. I don't know how it's even possible to miss so many of those close opportunities. I bet I could beat half these guys in a shooting accuracy contest. I was pretty good at picking corners back in the day.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If anyone remembers Don Dussias who did sports on WGR55 back in the 70s..... I took his daughter to senior prom.

2 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

And....?

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Nice wrap around try

That's what Don Dussias's daughter said to Doohickie after he tried to make his move that night!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I met him once too.  My sister-in-law worked in the WKBW newsroom in the mid 70s.

I met Tom Joles.  Really nice guy.  Van Miller was a salty dog off camera.  Those news teams in the 1970s were like a trusted friend.  Not any more.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.