GDT: Sabres at Pens 3-25-2021. 7PM MSG

spndnchz

Just now, OverPowerYou said:

So the 2014 Sabres tank team intentionally tanked. Now that the tank team hasn't tanked in 6 years they are now unintentionally a non tank team whose team is tanking 

Something like that.

Call it year 1 of the non-tanking rebuild.

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

On my ideal hockey team, NOBODY would be a candidate for the Lady Byng.  I want players who would be embarrassed to even be nominated

I would trade any player on this team for a clone of Varada,  or J.P. Dumont. The best part of this team is the two goalposts our goalie is in between for Christ sake. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

How does every team seem to find excellent starting goalies, and good backups? Yet the Sabres have to rely on AHL and ECHL bums to play goal? 

The Sabres make them look better than they are.  The Sabres are not aggressive, sloppy passing and no will to go in front on a consistent basis.  They make it easy for the opposing goalies.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

On my ideal hockey team, NOBODY would be a candidate for the Lady Byng.  I want players who would be embarrassed to even be nominated

While I totally agree with your sentiment I'd make an exception for Gilbert Perreault winning the Lady Bing in the early 70s.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

How does every team seem to find excellent starting goalies, and good backups? Yet the Sabres have to rely on AHL and ECHL bums to play goal? 

Are they actually good or do we just always make them look good?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I think we may have a good backup now and starter in Ullmark

Doubtful any goalie stops the 2 goals scored so far tonight IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Because they were too busy trying to build a stockpile of great centers....oh wait, sorry no.... they were too involved finding strong power forwards...hmmm, no make that creating a pool of big physical defenders....eh....no, maybe ....oh forget it!!!  I can't tell you what they've succeeded building except a revolving door of bottom six forwards, soft defenders and sub-par goaltending.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.