Sabres fire arena guy. 97 morning show fired too. Update today.

miles

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Rich Gaenzler was the arena announcer?  I'd no idea.  I'm so glad he's gone, for so many reasons, now including this reason.

Bring me Milt Ellis!  He was the Milt Ellis of announcers.

Jay Moran is our current Miltie.

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

K

That is exactly all that he said

It was the co-host Rob who made the comment that was deemed to be fireable. (They were talking about how they like their toast and while Rich was talking about the number setting on his toaster, Rob said he compares it to woman he attracted too. Said he likes it Halle Berry level, but not Serena Williams. Then the female co-host asked about Gayle King and he said thats not on his toaster. There was also a comment about him liking it to have a little bit of melatonin in it). Part of the story about it on Yahoo had the short clip of it. 

97 Rock apparently lost Roswell Park as a sponsor soon after it and now Rich lost his job I'm assuming because he didn't immediately stop it

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Rich Gaenzler was the arena announcer?  I'd no idea.  I'm so glad he's gone, for so many reasons, now including this reason.

Bring me Milt Ellis!  He was the Milt Ellis of announcers.

He's been doing it for a while now, Maybe they can bring back the guy from the old Kiss 98.5 morning show who did it before him?

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

He's been doing it for a while now, Maybe they can bring back the guy from the old Kiss 98.5 morning show who did it before him?

Maybe they all can screw off and bring me someone with a sense of decorum like Ellis had.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It was the co-host Rob who made the comment that was deemed to be fireable. (They were talking about how they like their toast and while Rich was talking about the number setting on his toaster, Rob said he compares it to woman he attracted too. Said he likes it Halle Berry level, but not Serena Williams. Then the female co-host asked about Gayle King and he said thats not on his toaster. There was also a comment about him liking it to have a little bit of melatonin in it). Part of the story about it on Yahoo had the short clip of it. 

97 Rock apparently lost Roswell Park as a sponsor soon after it and now Rich lost his job I'm assuming because he didn't immediately stop it

Thank you. People are entitled to their opinion, and a case can be made Rich should have done something different. But get the facts straight. There are people in this thread who didn't read beyond the misleading Yahoo link text.

Edited by PASabreFan

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Thank you. People are entitled to their opinion, and a case can be made Rich should have done something different. But get the facts straight. There are people in this thread who didn't beyond the misleading Yahoo link text.

They also promoted it in social media apparently. I think the point is that although he didn’t say anything directly, he was all in.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

They also promoted it in social media apparently. I think the point is that although he didn’t say anything directly, he was all in.

Are you referring to it still being included as part of the podcast of the show on the website?

I'm not sure if the shows hosts have anything to do with keeping or removing content from that, its really up to the radio station to decide to put it up on the website or not

18 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yeah, reading this thread I thought it was all Genzler. But Lederman was fired from the station today.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Are you referring to it still being included as part of the podcast of the show on the website?

I'm not sure if the shows hosts have anything to do with keeping or removing content from that, its really up to the radio station to decide to put it up on the website or not

It’s just when I read. I did not research what was posted.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Likely not true. Radio stations are run with skeleton crews these days. I'll bet the jocks are doing all the social media stuff along with their shows. And probably voice track another whole show for the Cumulus station in Bumfug, Egypt. It's the new digital sweat shop

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.