Good Article on Sabres Dysfunction from 538

Kruppstahl

47 minutes ago, JKB1646 said:

But it’s a Business and they are successful business people. Warren Buffet bought Dairy Queen on the spot for $580 M.....cash deal. Do you think he knows how to mix the Blizzard ? If you go back to Dairy Queen ten times and your blizzard sucks do you whine for new owner ship? I am so tired of all you peeps whining about the owners. If I were the Pegulas I would be embarrassed at the employees I have hired! Rip the C off Jacks jersey! That would be the start! 

But in the business of pro hockey, they are clearly not successful business people. They are worst in the league at it. I will also give no credit to a man who made his money by destroying Pennsylvania's environment. I will give even less credit to a woman who earned her position in life by being the billionaire ***** slobber that she is. Their good Christian facade is wearing thin as well. It's not very Christian of Terry and Kim to lay off a bunch of employees during a pandemic instead of reigning in their lavish lifestyle a tiny bit. These are two profoundly stupid and immoral human beings who appear to be completely incapable of self-reflection. There is no hope for the Buffalo Sabres to build success as long as the Pegulas continue to run the hockey organization in the hands-on manner that they do.

What I am advocating for is a massive pressure campaign to separate these two pieces of sh!t from our team. We fans of the Buffalo Sabres can do this by refusing to purchase tickets and merchandise. Make it hurt for them financially to the point that they have no choice but to sell the team. Hopefully to someone who will keep them in Buffalo. If not, well then that would be awful but it's better than supporting a perennial embarrassment like the Buffalo Sabres of the past ten years.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TerryFolds said:

But in the business of pro hockey, they are clearly not successful business people. They are worst in the league at it. I will also give no credit to a man who made his money by destroying Pennsylvania's environment. I will give even less credit to a woman who earned her position in life by being the billionaire ***** slobber that she is. Their good Christian facade is wearing thin as well. It's not very Christian of Terry and Kim to lay off a bunch of employees during a pandemic instead of reigning in their lavish lifestyle a tiny bit. These are two profoundly stupid and immoral human beings who appear to be completely incapable of self-reflection. There is no hope for the Buffalo Sabres to build success as long as the Pegulas continue to run the hockey organization in the hands-on manner that they do.

What I am advocating for is a massive pressure campaign to separate these two pieces of sh!t from our team. We fans of the Buffalo Sabres can do this by refusing to purchase tickets and merchandise. Make it hurt for them financially to the point that they have no choice but to sell the team. Hopefully to someone who will keep them in Buffalo. If not, well then that would be awful but it's better than supporting a perennial embarrassment like the Buffalo Sabres of the past ten years.

As I said before: unless NYS enters the 21st century on government policy, then if the Pegulas sell the team, then the Sabres leave Buffalo for a city with a sane fiscal, tax, and regulatory policy.

As someone who lives here, them selling the team is a complete non-starter.  I hope that the problems around the team have caused them to wake up.  I hope that, say, season ticket holders who do not renew can and will tell the team what they need to do and the do the right thing with the franchise.

If you want the Sabres to leave, get me kicked off the board now.

7 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

Is it the owner or the generational talent we should be more disappointed in! The penguins tanked twice and embarrassingly so. Once to get The next one and the second time to get The kid. Both times it paid off. We tanked an all we got was “Jack-ed” 

Your credibility is taking a serious hit here.  Go back and look at the season leading to Crosby’s draft.  They didn’t tank, they won a lottery.  It was a post lockout draft with a modified lottery. Buffalo actually had better odds of getting first that year under the modified rules.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

Who cares? Do you really think that’s going to help Dahlin play fr&#)#”g defense. 

since you Buffalonians seem to dwell on the past so much find out why Lafontaine quit six weeks into his stint as an advisor to the islanders and why he is not working in the NHL today. Just maybe the problem lies with him, not your owners

We Buffalonians take great umbrage at being condescended to about our hometown.  I quit playing bridge over being bullied at the Columbus Bridge Center because I am a Buffalonian and a Buffalo sports fan.  It was so bad that I still can't sit at a game without some of that residual anger coming out.  You remind me of the offending parties, which I dislike saying to someone who is at least ostensibly a fellow Sabres fan.

As someone who has a psychiatrist, therapist, and life counselor, I strongly recommend that you follow my lead to see what your insecurities and emotional demons are which cause you to be so aggressively disparaging.  I struggle with my issues constantly.  I wish you the best of luck.

8 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

But it’s a Business and they are successful business people. Warren Buffet bought Dairy Queen on the spot for $580 M.....cash deal. Do you think he knows how to mix the Blizzard ? If you go back to Dairy Queen ten times and your blizzard sucks do you whine for new owner ship? I am so tired of all you peeps whining about the owners. If I were the Pegulas I would be embarrassed at the employees I have hired! Rip the C off Jacks jersey! That would be the start! 

Exactly!! The EMPLOYEES he's hired. Everyone makes mistakes but ten years running? You'd think you couldn't make that many hiring mistakes. This problem is management. Again, I agree on most of your opinion about the Pegulas except in the operation of the hockey franchise. They better hire some capable people to handle it because it's a mess and hockey executives even acknowledge that.

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

No but I can tell tell your a  whining Buffalonian! Like I said you can’t have your cake an eat it too. You have a rich owner who treats the players well, is from Buffalo, supports the community, builds a winner in the bills, is passionate about his businesses and wants to win but the chips don’t fall his way in one out of three. I wish the Pegulas didn’t glide to the bench like Eichel

It was a joke, and your reaction to it tells me it hit a nerve. Hmmm. Did it hit close to home?

• Thanks (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

But it’s a Business and they are successful business people. Warren Buffet bought Dairy Queen on the spot for $580 M.....cash deal. Do you think he knows how to mix the Blizzard ? If you go back to Dairy Queen ten times and your blizzard sucks do you whine for new owner ship? I am so tired of all you peeps whining about the owners. If I were the Pegulas I would be embarrassed at the employees I have hired! Rip the C off Jacks jersey! dat would be the start! 

Warren is smart. Terry thinks he knows how to make a better Blizzard. It has butterscotch chips, those terrible malted chocolate balls and 8-pound roofing nails.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.