Scouting Department Changes Announced

Brawndo

22. It sounds like the Sabres are making some scouting changes. At the very least a shuffling, and then we see about external additions. Could be news on the assistant-GM front (Jason Karmanos very much a contender) this week.

From Elliotte Friedman 31 Thoughts Today 

Edited by Brawndo

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Looks like at least some type of minor changes are coming to the scouting department this week.

22. It sounds like the Sabres are making some scouting changes. At the very least a shuffling, and then we see about external additions. Could be news on the assistant-GM front (Jason Karmanos very much a contender) this week.

2 hours ago, Trettioåtta said:

From Friedman

Credit to these two for putting this into other threads earlier 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Crazy to think how well run the Bills are and how crappily run the Sabres are by the same owners.

The Bills have a good GM and coach, the Sabres don't.  The reason for that most likely comes down to luck, but that's it.

If my memory serves me, we once had a scouting department that was the envy of the league. Then Golisano and Quinn decided we could reduce expenses by gutting the scouting department by going to video scouting. A number of scouts went out the door including Luce, Carriere, Benning, etc. that brought in many foundational pieces. If you ask me, that is when this mess started. Now can we get out of it and hire the best Personnel people available to build a championship contender? The question of the day. This is where we should be putting our resources. The most important people in your organization are Personnel people. 

2 minutes ago, HOF Wingman said:

If my memory serves me, we once had a scouting department that was the envy of the league. Then Golisano and Quinn decided we could reduce expenses by gutting the scouting department by going to video scouting. A number of scouts went out the door including Luce, Carriere, Benning, etc. that brought in many foundational pieces. If you ask me, that is when this mess started. Now can we get out of it and hire the best Personnel people available to build a championship contender? The question of the day. This is where we should be putting our resources. The most important people in your organization are Personnel people. 

You are a dreamer. 

6 minutes ago, HOF Wingman said:

We need the volume of the Pegula era with the Quality before the lockout.

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So then firing everyone was just cost cutting and throwing away this season?

Yes.

Try this mentally.

Compute your complete net worth.  House.  Retirement.  Collectible stamps.  Everything.

Now, liquidate enough of it to have 1% in cash in your hands.  Flush it down a toilet.  Now listen to me.

"YOU STOOPID ****!  WHY COULDN'T YOU DO THAT TO 2% OF YOUR MONEY FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT?  WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU?  YOU MUST BE TRYING TO KILL PEOPLE!  WHO CARES THAT IT IS YOUR MONEY!  SPEND IT FOR ME!  WHY DIDN'T I GET MORE?"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.