Officiating in Rangers Game

HockeyJock1970

I know the Sabres are very capable of losing games on their own, but I think the media is not doing justice to two very bad calls in last nights game that both directly led to power play goals.  First, the interference call on Dahlin was atrocious considering if you rewind the tape a couple of minutes, you see a Rangers defenseman make the very same play...as the Ranger announcers put it, as soon as the puck goes by the the defenseman, you cannot impede the forward.  Well, that is exactly what happened immediately prior to the Dahlin penalty.  I am fine with the call, that is the rule, but be consistent.

Second, and probably the worst call I have seen, the high sticking penalty on Middlestadt.  If you watch the replay, his stick never comes higher than his knees.  His stick and body gets caught up with the Ranger player's stick and the butt end of the Ranger players stick hits him in the chin...and of course reacts like someone whacked him with a sledge hammer.  A few days ago, the Charra penalty was reversed because it was determined his skate hit the Sabre player and not a stick...this play should have been reversed as well.  

Again, Sabres still likely lose the game, but those calls were terrible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.