GDT 3/22/21 Sabres at NY Rangers 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Dunleavy has always been a TV guy.  

Which is weird, because almost all of his previous hockey play-by-play experience was on radio.  He's just a very neutral speaker that inflects his voice very little.

And it greatly contrasts with Rick, who might inflect his voice the most among any hockey broadcaster- you can tell where the puck is on the ice according to Rick's voice pitch without even listening to his words, and even when he's not screaming.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Watching Granato's pregame, I love his communication style 123% more than RFK's.  Also, he seems to actually like the players on the team.

I agree. But i also remember most of us saying the same thing about RFK vs the coaches that came before him.

But it makes total sense this would be the case with Granato, as he should be able to relate & speak to the boys better, for all thats worth.

18 minutes ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

I didn't like how there was no one pulling the Ranger off Hutton and give him a little hell. I know it was self-inflicted.

As a goalie and watching games for so long, I don't know why Dmen push guys into their goalies like that, I've seen it so much. 

As a defenceman, any one skating towards my goaltender was either directed far wide or into the ice.  Anyone trying to get to my goaltender ended up on his back with my knee in his crotch.  I wasn't the skill guy; part of my job involved defending my goaltender at all costs.  D-men pushing players into their goaltenders drive me nuts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.