Game Tomorrow 3/20 vs Boston Postponed

Brawndo

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I know enough.  Find a young stud D that actually fits the mold Buffalo fans want to see.  Not some cowering Euro.  

How about a cowering N. American?  Would that be more pleasing to the people of Buffalo?

My point is, although it may have been in jest, there is no need for the bring the regional/cultural insult into it.  There are plenty of players from North America who play absolutely gutless hockey, and many European players who routinely grind them into the ice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

How about a cowering N. American?  Would that be more pleasing to the people of Buffalo?

My point is, although it may have been in jest, there is no need for the bring the regional/cultural insult into it.  There are plenty of players from North America who play absolutely gutless hockey, and many European players who routinely grind them into the ice. 

The Sabres seem to have cornered the market for cowards, regardless of their native country.  Dahlin just happens to be one from Europe.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

The Sabres seem to have cornered the market for cowards, regardless of their native country.  Dahlin just happens to be one from Europe.  

I understand the Sabres issues.  However, the use of “Euro” as a derogatory term is an old hockey thing which we should all try to launch to the moon.  We don’t need it.

I can’t be certain, but if he was Canadian, I doubt very much that the thought would have even occurred to you to include his area of origin into the insult.  

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I understand the Sabres issues.  However, the use of “Euro” as an insult is old hockey thing which we should all try to launch to the moon.  We don’t need it.

I can’t be certain, but if he was Canadian, I doubt very much that the thought would have even occurred to you to include his area of origin into the insult.  

Well when the core fans catch up, so will I 

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

The Idea of the soft Euro died 20 years ago for me watching Peter Forsberg.

It’s not my personal feelings.  Based on the calls to WGR, the majority of the fanbase still feels that way.  

I would like to see some more courage on the team, regardless of birthplace.  I think Dahlin could play that way, if he knows his teammates will have his back.  None of the current group instills that confidence.  

16 minutes ago, inkman said:

It’s not my personal feelings.  Based on the calls to WGR, the majority of the fanbase still feels that way.  

I would like to see some more courage on the team, regardless of birthplace.  I think Dahlin could play that way, if he knows his teammates will have his back.  None of the current group instills that confidence.  

This fan base, like all fan bases, is full of idiots 

Edited by #freejame
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.