Game Tomorrow 3/20 vs Boston Postponed

Brawndo

I’d rather the Sabres season just ended now anyways. What’s left? Going 2-22-4 the rest of the way. Cause that’s what’s coming. At best. Let’s flush this season down the drain where it belongs and start over in October with a new coach and some turnover in players. KA can concentrate on the future where his attention firmly belongs and not on the present. 

And yes, this is all just wishful thinking, not based in reality for those that will get upset at this post. 

Edited by Billznut

3 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Those who had tickets are getting a free ticket to a game NEXT YEAR. No refunds for the Covid test.

That sounds like when people order a pizza, and get offered another pizza for free when the first one was awful. 

Oh, wait. You’re talking about people who had tickets to tomorrow’s game - not the people who went last night. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

The nhl is the worst league in terms of handling COVID issues. Remember there was an illegitimate Stanley Cup last season but what was legit is how the players were handled, in a bubble. Obviously you can’t do that in an extended season but it appears that buttman is happy they’re playing and refuses to establish any meaningful restrictions or protocols to deal with a substantial health issue. I don’t blame the Sabres this time for their complaints. The last go round with a covid riddled team aptly named the devils has really put them in a situation where they seem to be unable to get restarted. Just random thoughts from a 50+ year follower. This can’t suck enough.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, steveoath said:

52ec2y.jpg

It's kind of like the difference between a dry 110°F in Arizona and a humid 95°F in Houston.  Both suck balls.  Which one is worse?  Depends on what you're putting up with at the time.

19 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I wonder if one of the players involved in the JJ trade is someone with a positive test...

Maybe that's why JJ was held back- they realized Covid was in the room and as a trade prospect wanted him far, far away from the other players.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

I wonder if one of the players involved in the JJ trade is someone with a positive test...

Maybe that's why JJ was held back- they realized Covid was in the room and as a trade prospect wanted him far, far away from the other players even though the trade was not yet finalized.

Maybe that's why JJ was held back- they realized Covid was in the room and as a trade prospect wanted him far, far away from the other players even though the trade was not yet finalized.

Can they just cancel the remaining Sabres games?  There is no value to these games.  This team desperately needs an overhaul and it’s not going to happen meandering through the doldrums of another wasted season.  ***** teams get good by accident once a decade.  This team finds new ways to get worse.  I really want to blame Ralph for their current woes but something about this team is rotten.  Identify the players worth keeping, my list is less than 5, and start over.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, inkman said:

Can they just cancel the remaining Sabres games?  There is no value to these games.  This team desperately needs an overhaul and it’s not going to happen meandering through the doldrums of another wasted season.  ***** teams get good by accident once a decade.  This team finds new ways to get worse.  I really want to blame Ralph for their current woes but something about this team is rotten.  Identify the players worth keeping, my list is less than 5, and start over.  

You need to play the games for a real evaluation.  Something about this team is fundamentally rotten.  Unfortunately, we need to play the games to find out.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

You need to play the games for a real evaluation.  Something about this team is fundamentally rotten.  Unfortunately, we need to play the games to find out.

Yep.

The rest of the season is a science experiment.  We need to make trades and we need to evalute the team after making those trades.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Yep.

The rest of the season is a science experiment.  We need to make trades and we need to evalute the team after making those trades.

I will be shocked if the majority of our UFAs arent gone in three weeks.

You don’t trade your third-string goalie when your starter is injured, let alone for a sixth-rounder, if you aren’t in full spring cleaning mode.

And dumping UFAs for assets is rebuilding GM 101.

(The fact Botterill turned Bogosian, Scandella/Frolik, Larsson and Vesey into absolutely nothing and even gave up a pick for Wayne Simmonds is more evidence of his failures)

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yes. They have all they need to know about Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, Skinner and the like, and their UFAs. They probably don't know about Dahlin yet.

I know enough.  Find a young stud D that actually fits the mold Buffalo fans want to see.  Not some cowering Euro.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.